New online tool makes it easier to lobby MPs ahead of crucial Brexit vote
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
An online tool has been created to make it easy for the 'digital generation' to urge their MP to vote against Brexit.
The Exit Brexit tool locates users' MPs from their address details and generates a letter of objection, which it then sends to parliamentarians at the click of a button.
It was created amid concern older people, who were found to have favoured Brexit more than younger voters, are more likely to write to their MP urging them to back Theresa May's deal in the crunch vote.
The tool, created by Glasgow-based digital product studio, Neu.
Product manager Richard Phillips-Kerr said: 'The government and party whips are compelling MPs to vote 'on behalf of their constituents' when considering the PM's deal.
You may also want to watch:
'That gave us the idea for Exit Brexit. We wanted to give constituents a really simple vehicle to directly express their anger and dissatisfaction.
'The digital generation are less likely to contact their MPs in traditional ways like writing a letter or during constituency sessions.
'We built exitbrex.it to be the quickest and easiest way for people to let their MP know how they feel about Brexit.'
- 1 The deep roots of Labour's red wall decline
- 2 Labour needs more positivity, more patriotism, more policy... and less wokery
- 3 MANDRAKE: Boris Johnson's 'daughter' speaks out
- 4 Andy Burnham urges UK to 'embrace' Brexit as 'new reality'
- 5 A view from inside the Heathrow petri dish
- 6 Dominic Raab 'chickened out' of a no-deal Brexit, Michel Barnier says
- 7 Seven reasons Scotland should stay in the Union
- 8 Former Tory speaker admits voting Labour after labeling Boris Johnson a 'liar'
- 9 The truth about 'buy British'
- 10 Michel Barnier calls for halt to non-EU migration into France
Emails will be sent to the MPs direct from the sender's email address - not from a server.
To find out more visit the Exit from Brexit website.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.