New online tool makes it easier to lobby MPs ahead of crucial Brexit vote
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
An online tool has been created to make it easy for the 'digital generation' to urge their MP to vote against Brexit.
The Exit Brexit tool locates users' MPs from their address details and generates a letter of objection, which it then sends to parliamentarians at the click of a button.
It was created amid concern older people, who were found to have favoured Brexit more than younger voters, are more likely to write to their MP urging them to back Theresa May's deal in the crunch vote.
The tool, created by Glasgow-based digital product studio, Neu.
Product manager Richard Phillips-Kerr said: 'The government and party whips are compelling MPs to vote 'on behalf of their constituents' when considering the PM's deal.
You may also want to watch:
'That gave us the idea for Exit Brexit. We wanted to give constituents a really simple vehicle to directly express their anger and dissatisfaction.
'The digital generation are less likely to contact their MPs in traditional ways like writing a letter or during constituency sessions.
'We built exitbrex.it to be the quickest and easiest way for people to let their MP know how they feel about Brexit.'
- 1 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 2 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 3 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 4 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 5 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 6 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 7 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 8 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 9 Minister says Dido Harding is working '19-hours a day' on Test and Trace
- 10 Second shop owner bans Tory MPs who voted against free school meals motion
Emails will be sent to the MPs direct from the sender's email address - not from a server.
To find out more visit the Exit from Brexit website.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.