Nigel Farage falls victim to the perfect prank on his LBC show
- Credit: LBC
The leader of the Brexit Party was neatly pranked by a caller to his LBC show.
Nigel Farage was presenting the show like normal when 'Mark from Northampton' called in.
The caller firstly lulled Farage into a false sense of security by talking about the Supreme Court decision which has gone against the government.
But then he said: "I've got to say I'm immensely grateful to you for everything you've done in British politics over the last few years.
"I used to be an ardent Remainer, I voted Remain, I believed in the European project," he continued.
You may also want to watch:
Farage was all ears as 'Mark' continued to reel him in with flattery.
"I believed that staying in the European Union was the best thing for us," said 'Mark'. "And then, something happened and - something monumental happened, it completely changed my opinion on the whole situation."
- 1 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 2 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 3 Tory minister branded 'disgraceful' after dismissing child hunger in Britain as something that has 'been going on for years'
- 4 Fool's gold? Nigel Farage wants you to invest your trust in his financial advice service
- 5 UK Business leaders describe Brexit call with Boris Johnson and Michael Gove as 'pointless'
- 6 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 7 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 8 The deep roots of Dominic Cummings' personal antipathy to the BBC
- 9 PMQs Review: The one where it was grim up north
- 10 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
Farage asked: "What was that monumental thing Mark?"
'Mark' replied: "I was kicked in the head by a horse."
There was a slight pause as the penny dropped and then Farage grinned, ended the call, and hurriedly moved on to the next caller.
The clip has gone so viral that it has been covered by Good Morning Britain.
The prankster @BasementShaxx, who has changed his Twitter handle to 'Kicked in the head by a horse', has shared the video which has had more than 142,000 views and countless approving comments.
He said he borrowed the joke from comedian Tom Pranks, and acknowledged that Farage "took it quite well and didn't block me".
He added: "Still a fascist though."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.