Anti-Brexit campaigners pull no-deal stockpiling stunt
- Credit: OFOC/Twitter
Anti-Brexit campaigners have been helping ministers with their mass medical stockpiling as the Department of Health and Social Care prepares for a no-deal Brexit.
The young activists were dressed in doctor and nurse gowns and armed with wooden crates used as props to demonstrate the panic stockpiling that would ensue if the UK crashes out of the European Union without a deal.
The stunt was organised by the youth organisation Our Future, Our Choice. The group said its purpose is to counteract the deceptions and mistruths being spread by Brexiters attempting to convince the public that a no-deal Brexit won't have consequences.
The timing of the activity is to tie-in with the publication of the government's first no-deal impact paper, which is set to be released this week.
Femi Oluwole, OFOC co-founder and chief spokesperson, explained the reasoning behind the stunt.
You may also want to watch:
'The government's plan is for Great Britain to 'Stockpile and Survive' during a no deal, which is to say - there is no plan at all. If the Government isn't going to say no to no-deal Brexit, then OFOC is here to help with the medical supplies the nation needs.'
OFOC co-president Lara Spirit said: 'Civil servants at the Department of Health and Social Care may fear that this Government is going to leave them to the mercy of extremist Brexiters like Jacob-Rees Mogg, the ERG, and the recently-returned Nigel Farage. And they are right to be afraid.'
- 1 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 2 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 3 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith defends calling Donald Trump 'a decent man'
- 5 Kwasi Kwarteng confirms post-Brexit review of workers' rights
- 6 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 7 Bob Geldof vindicated over pro-EU fishing stunt, suggests broadcaster
- 8 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 9 Senior Tories plan rebellion to back genocide clause to the Trade Bill
- 10 Brexiteer MP criticised after suggesting No 10 should break Northern Ireland Protocol
'I'm here with OFOC and fifty-odd cardboard boxes of medical supplies to tide over the nation in the meantime. The only long-term solution is a People's Vote to give young people a voice in the debate to alter direction on this disaster. '
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.