Pro-Brexit group says they now find themselves in agreement with Gina Miller
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A pro-Brexit group said they have found themselves agreeing with Gina Miller over Boris Johnson's Brexit deal.
Fishing for Leave, a spin-off of the Leave Means Leave campaign, tweeted that they had "never thought we'd agree with Gina Miller".
They said that they were in agreement Johnson's deal was "basically the May deal" - and was just as "dire" in what it proposed.
The anti-Brexit campaigner had been discussing the deal with a "brilliant lawyer" who pointed out that it was "the May deal with about six changes" to the political declaration.
She said that "if the Benn act is akin to the surrender act" then Boris Johnson's deal is a "self-imposed knee capping".
You may also want to watch:
In response Fishing for Leave said: "Never thought we'd agree @thatginamiller but correct".
They added: "Nothing has changed".
It follows Brexiteer Nigel Farage complaining that the Brexit extension could be taken away - a measure he saw as more favourable than leaving on Johnson's deal.
- 1 Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid reject Boris Johnson's coronavirus claim
- 2 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 3 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 4 Sky News presenter says Boris Johnson is 'gaslighting the nation' over Covid claims
- 5 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 6 SNP MP asks Priti Patel why she has not stood down following UK border comments
- 7 This picture of Boris Johnson on the phone to Joe Biden has caused a stir
- 8 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 9 PMQs: Boris Johnson calls for apology from Keir Starmer over coronavirus stances
- 10 Piers Morgan causes hilarity with 'Priti Patel with a brain' jibe