FULL LIST: The 100 seats which will decide the election
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
People's Vote, the cross-party campaign group revealed its priority list of recommended candidates in around 100 key target seats.
The list reveal the priority seats which have the best chance of beating Tory candidates in their seat, making the selected candidates "best places to secure a final say on Brexit after the election".
Each of the 'PV100' seats will receive financial and campaign support from the People's Vote campaign and its activists.
Ahead of the election, the People's Vote tactical voting site will recommend a candidate in almost every seat, but the announcement stresses the particular importance of voting tactically for the PV100 candidates. When voters in these key constituencies use the site for recommendations, the significance of the PV100 candidate will be sign-posted.
"These seats are the PV100 - the seats that will decide the election. It's especially important that our supporters vote tactically here to secure a final say referendum. If they don't, Boris Johnson will win this election and we will leave with his deal," a spokesperson said.
You may also want to watch:
The independent candidate for Beaconsfield, Dominic Grieve, who is one of the candidates supported by the campaign, said:
"At this general election, choice in respect of individual candidates may well make a massive difference to our country's future, depending on their attitude to a People's Vote. I recommend the People's Vote tactical voting site, as providing useful information on which to base their vote."
- 1 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 2 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 3 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 4 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 5 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 6 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 7 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 8 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 9 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 10 Former Brexit Party MEP dies in diving accident in the Bahamas
Chuka Umunna, Liberal Democrat candidate for the Cities of London and Westminster and one of People's Vote PV100, said: "The biggest issue at this election is Brexit, and I think we will see a level of tactical voting that we haven't seen in any previous General Election. Brexit, if it goes ahead, will impact so many other areas of life in the United Kingdom from the economy, security to our National Health Service. I would encourage anyone who wants to secure a People's Vote to vote tactically for whoever in their seat is most likely to campaign and vote for a people's vote in parliament."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.