FULL LIST: The 100 seats which will decide the election
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
People's Vote, the cross-party campaign group revealed its priority list of recommended candidates in around 100 key target seats.
The list reveal the priority seats which have the best chance of beating Tory candidates in their seat, making the selected candidates "best places to secure a final say on Brexit after the election".
Each of the 'PV100' seats will receive financial and campaign support from the People's Vote campaign and its activists.
Ahead of the election, the People's Vote tactical voting site will recommend a candidate in almost every seat, but the announcement stresses the particular importance of voting tactically for the PV100 candidates. When voters in these key constituencies use the site for recommendations, the significance of the PV100 candidate will be sign-posted.
"These seats are the PV100 - the seats that will decide the election. It's especially important that our supporters vote tactically here to secure a final say referendum. If they don't, Boris Johnson will win this election and we will leave with his deal," a spokesperson said.
You may also want to watch:
The independent candidate for Beaconsfield, Dominic Grieve, who is one of the candidates supported by the campaign, said:
"At this general election, choice in respect of individual candidates may well make a massive difference to our country's future, depending on their attitude to a People's Vote. I recommend the People's Vote tactical voting site, as providing useful information on which to base their vote."
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 4 The harsh truths learned from halt in Brexit talks
- 5 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 6 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 7 Michael Gove's Brexit fantasy is leading us down a perilous path
- 8 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 9 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 10 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
Chuka Umunna, Liberal Democrat candidate for the Cities of London and Westminster and one of People's Vote PV100, said: "The biggest issue at this election is Brexit, and I think we will see a level of tactical voting that we haven't seen in any previous General Election. Brexit, if it goes ahead, will impact so many other areas of life in the United Kingdom from the economy, security to our National Health Service. I would encourage anyone who wants to secure a People's Vote to vote tactically for whoever in their seat is most likely to campaign and vote for a people's vote in parliament."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.