German comedy sketch mocks Britain as it compares Brexit to an escape room
- Credit: Archant
A German comedy sketch has mocked Britain by portraying characters representing the Brexit debate in an escape room - unable to get out because they will not work together.
The sketch, which appeared on public television channel NDR, is a flavour of how the rest of Europe views Brexit Britain.
In the stint, as the three characters are locked in the room, a hard Brexiteer refuses to follow the rules or the puzzles to leave.
Instead he claims he will 'just go through the door' shouting 'hard Brexit!'
As he runs to the door he is floored... but that does not stop him continuing to try.
You may also want to watch:
A second Leaver picks up a card that encourages them all to negotiate a free trade agreement to leave.
But the Remainer in the room decides they like it there - and cannot see the point in leaving, instead stereotypically offering a pot of tea.
- 1 US election result could spark 'end of Brexit', claims peer
- 2 Brexiteer says EU 'spiteful' to end fast-track lanes for Brits after Brexit
- 3 STAR TURNS: Bond star haunted by school tragedy
- 4 'Assorted caviar' and 'board games' - Gifts confiscated from Boris Johnson due to anti-corruption laws
- 5 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 6 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 7 Nigel Farage places £10,000 bet on Donald Trump to win second White House term
- 8 Farage says he can dodge US travel ban because he's a 'journalist'
- 9 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 10 Question Time: Tory minister told 'diverse' cabinet doesn't erase race issues in party
The compromising Leaver then announces he has a plan for the free trade agreement - to little enthusiasm from the Remainer in the room or the hard Brexiteer who continues to try to force himself through the door.
By the end of the sketch the Brexiteer believes he has the key to leaving, only to huff and puff as the Remainer takes the key and swallows it.
It leaves the hard Brexiteer continuing to run at the door repeatedly.
The sketch was produced for NDR's weekly political satirical programme Extra3.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.