Video demolishes Boris Johnson’s ‘get Brexit done’ claim in just 60 seconds
- Credit: Archant
A video has perfectly pulled apart Boris Johnson's 'get Brexit done' claims in just one minute.
Antony Hook, Liberal Democrat MEP for the South East of England, released the video on social media to counteract the prime minister's claims.
Johnson said his week that people won't be talking about Brexit in 2020 because he will get it resolved by January 31st.
In the short video, which starts with Boris Johnson parrotting the line, viewers are given scenarios where things are only part of the way finished.
"Is this fruit salad done?" asks the video, as it shows liquid being poured over fruit.
"I this painting done?" continues the video as it showed a wall which is only partly painted.
You may also want to watch:
As the camera pans across a building site with the materials all stacked up waiting to be completed, the caption "done?" appears.
The video continues: "Leaving on 31 January will be just the start of years of negotiations and uncertainty."
- 1 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 2 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 3 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 4 Group in protest against Tory MPs who voted down free school meals targets offices with empty plates
- 5 Tory minister blames journalists for NHS Test and Trace failure as he defends Dido Harding
- 6 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 7 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
- 8 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 9 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 10 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
Turning to an uncooked chicken which is being eaten off a plate, it continues: "Brexit will not be done by 31 January. Don't swallow what Boris is trying to sell.
"If we leave, the real Brexit talks begin the next day, which will take years."
The video ends with an almost entirely undecorated Christmas tree, again with a caption that reads: "Done?"
The video has started to receive traction on social media in a bid to demolish Boris Johnson's claims about his "oven-ready" Brexit deal.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.