Supreme Court: Gina Miller called ‘traitor’ by pro-Brexit supporters as she leaves prorogation hearing
- Credit: NurPhoto via Getty Images
Protesters outside the doors of the Supreme Court have attacked Gina Miller as a 'traitor' and a 'shyster' as she left the first day of the hearing about Boris Johnson's prorogation.
The businesswoman is appealing a verdict on her earlier challenge over the legality of Boris Johnson's decision to prorogue parliament for five weeks.
During the trial, a number of pro- and anti-Brexit protesters have gathered outside the Supreme Court.
Around 40 anti-Brexit demonstrators started the day with a silent protest, and later some were chanting "save our democracy, stop the coup", while around 100 interested passers-by looked on.
In addition, a small group of pro-Brexit supporters - one carrying a flag with the words "Remoaners are traitors" - also remained outside the court.
You may also want to watch:
As Miller left the court she faced both cheers and boos from anti and pro-Brexit supporters respectively.
She was briefly followed from the door of the court by photographers and a handful of pro-Brexit demonstrators, some of whom shouted "traitor", "shyster" and "Brexit now" after her.
- 1 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 2 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 3 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 4 The Tory MPs who failed to vote against a Universal Credit cut
- 5 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 6 Iain Duncan Smith defends calling Donald Trump 'a decent man'
- 7 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 8 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 9 Kwasi Kwarteng confirms post-Brexit review of workers' rights
- 10 UK has highest Covid-19 death rate in world