‘God is a Brexiteer’ claim Leavers
- Credit: Archant
A group of pro-Brexit activists have a new way of trying to convince people to support their way of thinking - by claiming that God would be against the European Union.
In a video, filmed by Our Future Our Choice and anti-Brexit campaigner Femi Oluwole, a series of Brexiteers are seen campaigning outside the Houses of Parliament holding signs using questionable quotes from the Bible to support their Brexit stance.
A preacher is witnessed giving a speech in he compares honouring 'Christian constitution' to the fight for Brexit.
Oluwole says that it was a sign of how low some Brexiteers are going to 'manipulate the faith of the elderly' and devout Christians 'in order to achieve political ends that are against the interests of the entire country.'
Viewers watched with horror as the Brexiteers claimed by stopping Brexit we had 'broken God's commandment.'
You may also want to watch:
James Bacon said: 'Brexit is a religion - based on blind faith, denying science or fact.'
Paul said: 'Religion being used to manipulate people! No way - that never happens!'
- 1 How Brexit has turned sour for the dairy industry
- 2 Dominic Cummings warns Boris Johnson against next stage of unlocking
- 3 The deep roots of Labour's red wall decline
- 4 Why the English could understand the Vikings
- 5 Labour needs more positivity, more patriotism, more policy... and less wokery
- 6 The Remainers' case for keeping the United Kingdom together
- 7 MANDRAKE: Boris Johnson's 'daughter' speaks out
- 8 What's next for Laurence Fox after London mayor fiasco?
- 9 Former Tory speaker admits voting Labour after labeling Boris Johnson a 'liar'
- 10 The slow death of Channel Islands Norman
Twitter user Syro said: 'Let them do it, it only helps persuade ordinary people that they are crackpots and that Brexit is too!'
Somewhat stating the obvious, others pointed out that the posters are factually incorrect and that the European Union isn't actually referenced in the Bible.
Carrie Melbourne said: 'The European Union isn't mentioned in Deuteronomy. Have they actually *read* 1-14?'
Vernon Briscoe joked that 'Jesus was a Leaver... but then he came back!'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.