Green Party throws weight behind new March for Change protest
- Credit: Archant
The Green Party have thrown their weight behind this month's March for Change protest which takes place on the weekend before the new prime minister is announced.
The Green Party's backing follows support from the Liberal Democrats, with members from both anti-Brexit parties expected to travel to the capital to show their passionate support.
Sian Berry, co-leader of the Green Party of England and Wales, said: "With the Tories careering the country towards a disastrous no-deal Brexit, it's never been more important to come together to celebrate our place in the European Union, and show the next Prime Minister that there's no public mandate for crashing out.
"The levels of inequality and injustice across Britain are unforgivable, and millions were right to demand change. But Brexit is not the solution.
"Greens have been unwavering in our support of Britain's place in the European Union. We won't apologise, we won't compromise and we won't capitulate to the far right.
"On July 20th, we are proud to march in solidarity with millions across the continent who know we are all citizens of the world."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brexit regret: Meet the Leave voters who wish they hadn't voted Leave
- 2 Labour leader defends NHS after being kicked out of pub in Bath
- 3 Opposition parties push for probe into Boris Johnson's conduct following viral video
- 4 ‘I should not have listened to Cameron’ – Former European Commission president
- 5 Scottish Tory leader accused of 'nonsense' excuse for Boris Johnson avoiding Scotland
- 6 A chapter is over for Britain, for good or ill
- 7 Welsh government refused permission for legal challenge over post-Brexit bill
- 8 New research reveals half of Brexit supporters were not 'left behind' red-wall voters
- 9 Russell Kane: Why working class people like Boris Johnson
- 10 Annalena Baerbock: Can the Queen of Green seize the Bundestag?
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.