Greens within 1% of beating Labour in EU opinion polls as Lib Dems continue to surge
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Green Party is within 1% of topping Labour in the latest European election opinion polls - as the Lib Dems continue to surge into second place.
The latest YouGov poll, which comes just 24 hours before the European elections, found that the Liberal Democrats are now in a comfortable second place as the opposition to Nigel Farage, who has 37% of the support.
Sir Vince Cable's party, which proudly promotes a "Bollocks to Brexit" message, is at 19% of the support and is six-points ahead of Labour.
Another anti-Brexit party - the Greens - are now on 12% of the support and is just 1% behind the Labour Party.
Meanwhile the Conservatives have dipped to 7%.
You may also want to watch:
UKIP and Change UK have had no movement in the polls with just 3% and 4% of support.
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 4 Michael Gove's Brexit fantasy is leading us down a perilous path
- 5 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 6 WILL SELF: Two places where everyone knows your name
- 7 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 8 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 9 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 10 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.