Greens within 1% of beating Labour in EU opinion polls as Lib Dems continue to surge
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Green Party is within 1% of topping Labour in the latest European election opinion polls - as the Lib Dems continue to surge into second place.
The latest YouGov poll, which comes just 24 hours before the European elections, found that the Liberal Democrats are now in a comfortable second place as the opposition to Nigel Farage, who has 37% of the support.
Sir Vince Cable's party, which proudly promotes a "Bollocks to Brexit" message, is at 19% of the support and is six-points ahead of Labour.
Another anti-Brexit party - the Greens - are now on 12% of the support and is just 1% behind the Labour Party.
Meanwhile the Conservatives have dipped to 7%.
You may also want to watch:
UKIP and Change UK have had no movement in the polls with just 3% and 4% of support.
- 1 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 2 Piers Morgan tells Gavin Williamson to resign for being a 'catastrophe'
- 3 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 4 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 5 Tory MP complains 'less scrutiny of trade deals' than when UK was in EU
- 6 This chumocracy is costing our country
- 7 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 8 No 10 says Biden removing Churchill bust ‘up to president’ despite Obama attack
- 9 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 10 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.