Grenfell, Foodbanks and Putin - The best photoshops of Boris Johnson and Phillip Schofield’s selfie
- Credit: Archant
There has been outrage since Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby paused to take a friendly selfie with the prime minister after finishing their interview with Boris Johnson.
The This Morning presenters were criticised for having the opportunity to grill Johnson on allegations of Russian interference, the NHS being up for grabs, and many of the other scandals which are defining the most divisive and momentous election campaign of a lifetime, and instead going easy on the prime minister.
One person on Twitter said the chummy encounter with the prime minister was not good enough after Schofield grilled Jeremy Corbyn.
"Please. Where's the grilling you gave Jeremy Corbyn? [Phillip Schofield]& [Holly Willoughby] should be ashamed of themselves after that interview," they said.
"All the giggling and coyness from Holly, and then to have a selfie. Really, is that good interview technique? Lost all respect for these two."
You may also want to watch:
Responding to the claims, Schofield said it was Johnson who asked for the selfie, and had Corbyn asked for one they would have taken one with him.
But for many on Twitter, it wasn't good enough, and the platform erupted into mocking the selfie - which was even compared to the moment Jimmy Fallon took a selfie with US president DOnald Trump - normalising and minimising the many allegations against him.
- 1 The true cost of Brexit is becoming clearer
- 2 Where the fires of Brexit still burn fiercest
- 3 Be careful what you wish for... voting reform could kill Labour
- 4 Boris Johnson's awkward moment with the Queen
- 5 Amazon order shows how we're all paying the price for Brexit
- 6 MATT FREI: Brexit posed a question... and we haven't even begun to answer it
- 7 How the Kominsky Method grapples with growing old
- 8 PMQs: Ian Blackford drops truth bomb over post-Brexit trade deal with Australia
- 9 Brexiteers propose return of imperial measurements in report on reducing 'red tape'
- 10 Biden is trying to remake the West - and Boris Johnson is in his way
Here are some of the best memes made about the selfie in a thread from Igor Brown.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.