Brexit Party candidate claims ‘no-one would lose sleep if we disappear’
- Credit: Archant
A Brexit Party candidate has admitted that no-one would 'lose any sleep' if Nigel Farage's organisation disappeared.
Harry Boparai, the candidate in Hayes and Harlington said that Farage had been forced to create the organisation, and that it did not matter if it did not exist if Brexit was sorted.
He told This Is London: "If the Brexit Party disappeared tomorrow none of us would lose any sleep over it.
"Nigel Farage did not want to create this party he was forced into it.
"I am hoping the party won't disappear but the goal is to deliver a proper Brexit.
"I'm not a fan of Theresa May but I do agree with the word compromise."
You may also want to watch:
His comments are likely to resonate with a lot of the public given how low the organisation is currently performing in the polls.
But reports of the Brexit Party's demise looks uncertain as Nigel Farage revealed he could rename it after the general election and continue under a new brand.
- 1 The Prime Minister is out of his league
- 2 The cannabis conundrum
- 3 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 4 Can King Louis turn back the clock?
- 5 Why Germany's Greens failed to rise on floods
- 6 Party politics will not save us from the Tories - we need drastic action
- 7 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 8 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 9 Would Javid have renamed ICU wards 'Drama Queen Zones'?
- 10 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.