Hateful Katie Hopkins is sacked from LBC after “final solution” comment
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Professional gobshite Katie Hopkins is to leave her LBC show 'immediately' after calling for a 'final solution' following the Manchester bombing.
The former Apprentice and Big Brother contestant used the Nazi term following the atrocity, which saw 22 people killed and dozens injured after a suicide bomber detonated a device as concert-goers left the Manchester Arena.
Hopkins hosted a weekly show every Sunday on the station. Hopkins, who also has a MailOnline column, caused outrage earlier with a tweet that appeared to reference the term used by the Nazis for the Holocaust.
You may also want to watch:
The now-deleted tweet, made in the hours after the explosion, read: '22 dead - number rising. Schofield. Don't you even dare. Do not be a part of the problem. We need a final solution #Machester (sic).'
- 1 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 2 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 3 James O'Brien schools Brexiteer who refuses to accept new EU-UK trade rules
- 4 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 5 Nigel Farage launches new party in Scotland to promote 'positive case for the Union'
- 6 Keir Starmer got it right with vote on Brexit deal
- 7 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 8 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 9 Scottish fishing boats ditch UK waters for Denmark to escape Brexit red tape
- 10 PMQs Review: The one where the speaker finally snapped
Complaints were made to the Metropolitan Police about Hopkins' tweet.
A spokesman for the Met said: 'We can confirm that a complaint has been received by the Metropolitan Police in relation to a tweet. As is routine, the allegation will be reviewed and assessed by specialist officers.'
After deleting the original tweet she sent another one removing the term.
The 42-year-old is known for being an outspoken commentator on far-ranging topics from terrorism and Islam, to children's names and obesity.
She has also appeared on reality TV programmes I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! and Celebrity Big Brother, as well as fronting her own programmes on TLC entitled If Katie Hopkins Ruled the World and My Fat Story.