Hateful Katie Hopkins is sacked from LBC after “final solution” comment
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Professional gobshite Katie Hopkins is to leave her LBC show 'immediately' after calling for a 'final solution' following the Manchester bombing.
The former Apprentice and Big Brother contestant used the Nazi term following the atrocity, which saw 22 people killed and dozens injured after a suicide bomber detonated a device as concert-goers left the Manchester Arena.
Hopkins hosted a weekly show every Sunday on the station. Hopkins, who also has a MailOnline column, caused outrage earlier with a tweet that appeared to reference the term used by the Nazis for the Holocaust.
You may also want to watch:
The now-deleted tweet, made in the hours after the explosion, read: '22 dead - number rising. Schofield. Don't you even dare. Do not be a part of the problem. We need a final solution #Machester (sic).'
- 1 Could Mexican Coke spark a new Coca-Cola cold war?
- 2 A view from inside the Heathrow petri dish
- 3 The reverse Midas touch of Michael Gove
- 4 Dominic Raab 'chickened out' of a no-deal Brexit, Michel Barnier says
- 5 First black female mayor elected in Liverpool as Labour holds on to role
- 6 Keir Starmer faces a ‘mountain to climb’ after Hartlepool defeat
- 7 Nicola Sturgeon concedes Holyrood majority for SNP is a ‘very long shot’
- 8 Welsh Labour 'exceeding expectations' as party confident of winning Leanne Wood's seat
- 9 How Brexit and court politics weakened the Civil Service
Complaints were made to the Metropolitan Police about Hopkins' tweet.
A spokesman for the Met said: 'We can confirm that a complaint has been received by the Metropolitan Police in relation to a tweet. As is routine, the allegation will be reviewed and assessed by specialist officers.'
After deleting the original tweet she sent another one removing the term.
The 42-year-old is known for being an outspoken commentator on far-ranging topics from terrorism and Islam, to children's names and obesity.
She has also appeared on reality TV programmes I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! and Celebrity Big Brother, as well as fronting her own programmes on TLC entitled If Katie Hopkins Ruled the World and My Fat Story.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.