Hilarious ‘twelve days of Brexmas’ anti-Brexit Christmas carol released by SNP hopeful
- Credit: Archant
A candidate for the SNP has released a hilarious music video taking apart the Conservative Party's efforts in the election campaign in they style of a popular Christmas carol.
To the tune of the Twelve Days of Christmas, 'The Twelve Days of Brexmas' takes apart Boris Johnson's Brexit deal and targets popular Tory politicians like Jacob Rees-Mogg.
Wishart, who is standing in Perth and North Perthsire and is also a musician, joined some constituents who are carol singers from the Perth Indy Choir to "have some seasonal fun with The Twelve Days of Brexmas".
But what does each day of Brexmas bring?
By the end of Brexmas, Wishart says the prime minister will have given us: "Scotland departing, Lord Nigel Farage, NHS sell off, all Europe laughing, medicine shortage, civil unrest, trucks stuck in Dover, Jacob Rees-Mogg, free movement ended, no customs union, no single market and the hardest of EU leave deals."
You may also want to watch:
Wishart said on Twitter that this may be "the internet sensation of this election", and his followers agreed, with one saying: "Damn you. Now I'm going to spend the next month wandering around shops randomly singing "Jacoob - Rees - Moooog" in that descant and making everyone think I'm completely mad."
Another said: "Magic, get the single out."
- 1 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 2 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 3 Tory MP says policies no longer match 'principles on which millions have backed us'
- 4 George Osborne says it is 'game over' for Boris Johnson over free school meals
- 5 Danny Dyer praised for criticisms of Tory party - pointing out Etonians can't run the country
- 6 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 7 Liz Truss' department slammed for false claim about cost of soy sauce after Brexit
- 8 Andy Burnham could have been 'halfway through tenure as PM by now', claims commentator
- 9 Minister sparks concerns about pig semen after Brexit
- 10 Liz Truss to deliver speech rejecting 'Britain First' strategy ahead of US election
One pro-Scottish independence voter said: "Merry twelfth day of Brexmas to you too... Can we skip the other eleven please?"
Merry Brexmas, everyone!
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.