How can you vote to stop the Tories?
- Credit: Archant
Could this data help to determine who to vote for in your area?
This election may be the time to put long help party political conviction to one side and tactically vote to stop Brexit.
Tactical voting tools are beginning to spring up including this one by Twitter user @chickabiddybex. Becky S has compiled data that claims to determine which way you should vote to prevent another Conservative government. You can view the list here.
For those in a Tory safe seat, Becky S has some advice: 'Vote anyway - it's very important because the popular vote will still be noted by the press. The more it is shown to not match up with the seats given, the more likely change will happen.'
The New European is working on a comprehensive tactical voting tool which is coming soon. If you spot an error in the list please get in touch with us as firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 2 The Spanish village with the mythical blue lagoon
- 3 Why Bristol is the street art city
- 4 A very nearly enchanted evening
- 5 Boris Johnson enjoys splendid isolation
- 6 The Tories have already lost the culture wars
- 7 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 8 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 9 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 10 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.