How can you vote to stop the Tories?
- Credit: Archant
Could this data help to determine who to vote for in your area?
This election may be the time to put long help party political conviction to one side and tactically vote to stop Brexit.
Tactical voting tools are beginning to spring up including this one by Twitter user @chickabiddybex. Becky S has compiled data that claims to determine which way you should vote to prevent another Conservative government. You can view the list here.
For those in a Tory safe seat, Becky S has some advice: 'Vote anyway - it's very important because the popular vote will still be noted by the press. The more it is shown to not match up with the seats given, the more likely change will happen.'
The New European is working on a comprehensive tactical voting tool which is coming soon. If you spot an error in the list please get in touch with us as firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 2 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 3 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 4 ERG MP says Boris Johnson should consider cutting ties with Church of England following Brexit row
- 5 Labour MP calls Dan Wootton a 'complete and utter nutcase' following Covid-19 herd immunity comment
- 6 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 7 Diane Abbott accuses Keir Starmer of having 'other motives' while shadow Brexit secretary
- 8 Theresa May brands Michael Gove's no-deal Brexit statement 'utter rubbish'
- 9 Brexiteer admits 'Australia-style deal' term designed to 'pull wool over voters' eyes'
- 10 Remainers blamed for Boris Johnson's inability to secure Brexit deal
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.