POLL: How will you vote in the local elections?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
We want to know how readers of The New European are planning to vote in the local elections.
On Thursday 2nd May 2019 there will be 248 English local councils up for election with 11 local councils in Northern Ireland. There are 8773 seats to be decided.
There will be 39 local by-elections on the same day.
The last time the majority of these seats were last up for election were in 2015 when David Cameron won a majority after five years of a coalition with the Lib Dems.
While the newer parties set their sights on the European elections, it is expected that the local elections will be a fight between the more traditional parties including Labour, the Lib Dems, Greens, and UKIP.
You may also want to watch:
But how will you vote? Let us know by voting in the poll.
- 1 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 2 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 3 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 4 Piers Morgan tells Gavin Williamson to resign for being a 'catastrophe'
- 5 Tory MP complains 'less scrutiny of trade deals' than when UK was in EU
- 6 PMQs: Ben Bradshaw calls out Boris Johnson over Brexit lies
- 7 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 8 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 9 ‘Don’t haste ye back’ - Nicola Sturgeon's perfect farewell message to Donald Trump
- 10 No 10 says Biden removing Churchill bust ‘up to president’ despite Obama attack
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.