POLL: How will you vote in the local elections?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
We want to know how readers of The New European are planning to vote in the local elections.
On Thursday 2nd May 2019 there will be 248 English local councils up for election with 11 local councils in Northern Ireland. There are 8773 seats to be decided.
There will be 39 local by-elections on the same day.
The last time the majority of these seats were last up for election were in 2015 when David Cameron won a majority after five years of a coalition with the Lib Dems.
While the newer parties set their sights on the European elections, it is expected that the local elections will be a fight between the more traditional parties including Labour, the Lib Dems, Greens, and UKIP.
You may also want to watch:
But how will you vote? Let us know by voting in the poll.
- 1 Our PM demonstrates why Latin lessons plan is a bad idea
- 2 Boris Johnson’s latest offence shouldn’t be overlooked
- 3 The cannabis conundrum
- 4 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 5 Can King Louis turn back the clock?
- 6 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 7 Party politics will not save us from the Tories - we need drastic action
- 8 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 9 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
- 10 Why Germany's Greens failed to rise on floods
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.