How your MP voted in the emergency debate to take control of the order paper
- Credit: PA
MPs have voted to take control of the order paper in a bid to stop a no-deal Brexit. But how did your MP vote?
MPs voted by 328 votes to 301 to defeat the government - a majority of 27 votes - to take back control from government.
Eight Independent MPs, one Green Party MP, 240 Labour MPs, 15 Liberal Democrat MPs, four Plaid Cymru MPs, 34 SNP MPs, and five Change UK MPs voted for the motion.
You may also want to watch:
21 Tories voted against the government.
Guto Bebb (Aberconwy), Richard Benyon (Newbury), Steve Brine (Winchester), Alistair Burt (North East Bedfordshire), Greg Clark (Tunbridge Wells), Kenneth Clarke (Rushcliffe), David Gauke (South West Hertfordshire), Justine Greening (Putney), Dominic Grieve (Beaconsfield), Sam Gyimah (East Surrey), Philip Hammond (Runnymede and Weybridge), Stephen Hammond (Wimbledon), Richard Harrington (Watford), Margot James (Stourbridge), Oliver Letwin (West Dorset), Anne Milton (Guildford), Caroline Nokes (Romsey and Southampton North), Antoinette Sandbach (Eddisbury), Nicholas Soames (Mid Sussex), Rory Stewart (Penrith and The Border), and Edward Vaizey (Wantage).
- 1 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 2 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 3 This chumocracy is costing our country
- 4 Tory MP complains 'less scrutiny of trade deals' than when UK was in EU
- 5 Piers Morgan tells Gavin Williamson to resign for being a 'catastrophe'
- 6 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 7 No 10 says Biden removing Churchill bust ‘up to president’ despite Obama attack
- 8 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 9 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
- 10 Priti Patel 'may have broken ministerial code' over border comments, suggests Keir Starmer
286 Tory MPs voted against the motion alongside 10 DUP MPs.
Two Labour MPs voted against the motion.
Kate Hoey (Vauxhall) and John Mann (Bassetlaw).
Three Independent MPs voted against the motion.
Ivan Lewis (Bury South), Ian Austin (Dudley North) and Charlie Elphicke (Dover).
Four independent MPs abstained.
Kelvin Hopkins, Jared O'Mara, Chris Williamson and John Woodcock.
Two Labour MPs abstained.
Sir Kevin Barron and Derek Twigg.
We'll continue to update this list throughout the evening...
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.