‘Love Actually, Vote Tactically’ - Hugh Grant reveals support for tactical voting
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The actor Hugh Grant has revealed his support for tactical voting in the general election in a series of tweets.
Famous for many roles - and notably for starring as David in the 2003 Christmas RomCom Love Actually - Grant has spoken out about how people can best vote to prevent a Tory majority.
"Young people - today is your last chance. Register to vote or I will make another enchanting romantic comedy. registertovote TACTICALLY," Grant said.
One person replied: "Love Actually, Vote tactically".
READ MORE: A tactical vote is the only option for RemainREAD MORE: Green Party supporters backing Labour or Lib Dem candidates could stop Boris Johnson win, claims Gina MillerAfter receiving an array of support, and some backlash, Grant wrote another tweet, saying: "To my trolls- I love you and will miss you when this is over. But tell me - why are you so busy at night? It's almost as though you're not on UK time. And you get SO angry about Russia...."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 2 Nigel Farage launches new party in Scotland to promote 'positive case for the Union'
- 3 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 4 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 5 Brexit changes lead to exodus of Brits from Spain, UK nationals claim
- 6 James O'Brien schools Brexiteer who refuses to accept new EU-UK trade rules
- 7 Brexiteer rebuked after backing Nigel Farage's 'East Germany' claims
- 8 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 9 Tory candidate suspended by party over comments about ‘fat’ food bank user
- 10 No 10 defends Stanley Johnson receiving two coronavirus vaccines while others don't