‘Love Actually, Vote Tactically’ - Hugh Grant reveals support for tactical voting
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The actor Hugh Grant has revealed his support for tactical voting in the general election in a series of tweets.
Famous for many roles - and notably for starring as David in the 2003 Christmas RomCom Love Actually - Grant has spoken out about how people can best vote to prevent a Tory majority.
"Young people - today is your last chance. Register to vote or I will make another enchanting romantic comedy. registertovote TACTICALLY," Grant said.
One person replied: "Love Actually, Vote tactically".
READ MORE: A tactical vote is the only option for RemainREAD MORE: Green Party supporters backing Labour or Lib Dem candidates could stop Boris Johnson win, claims Gina MillerAfter receiving an array of support, and some backlash, Grant wrote another tweet, saying: "To my trolls- I love you and will miss you when this is over. But tell me - why are you so busy at night? It's almost as though you're not on UK time. And you get SO angry about Russia...."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 2 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 3 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 4 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 5 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 6 Minister says Dido Harding is working '19-hours a day' on Test and Trace
- 7 Third Tory MP who rejected extending free school meals is targeted with local protests
- 8 Second shop owner bans Tory MPs who voted against free school meals motion
- 9 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 10 Piers Morgan calls Boris Johnson a 'blustering buffoon' in attack on PM's handling of Covid-19 pandemic
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.