‘Love Actually, Vote Tactically’ - Hugh Grant reveals support for tactical voting
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The actor Hugh Grant has revealed his support for tactical voting in the general election in a series of tweets.
Famous for many roles - and notably for starring as David in the 2003 Christmas RomCom Love Actually - Grant has spoken out about how people can best vote to prevent a Tory majority.
"Young people - today is your last chance. Register to vote or I will make another enchanting romantic comedy. registertovote TACTICALLY," Grant said.
One person replied: "Love Actually, Vote tactically".
READ MORE: A tactical vote is the only option for RemainREAD MORE: Green Party supporters backing Labour or Lib Dem candidates could stop Boris Johnson win, claims Gina MillerAfter receiving an array of support, and some backlash, Grant wrote another tweet, saying: "To my trolls- I love you and will miss you when this is over. But tell me - why are you so busy at night? It's almost as though you're not on UK time. And you get SO angry about Russia...."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Michael Gove claims Boris Johnson is a 'huge asset' to Scotland
- 2 Sky News presenter says Boris Johnson is 'gaslighting the nation' over Covid claims
- 3 Home Office launches voluntary repatriation scheme for EU nationals
- 4 Brussels politician says Boris Johnson should 'pay for EU workers to stay' in UK
- 5 David Cameron's wife says Brexit has made trading 'difficult' for her business
- 6 Website that allows public to see if their MP is 'a p***k' gets 250,000 views in four days
- 7 Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid reject Boris Johnson's coronavirus claim
- 8 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 9 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 10 Boris Johnson is the 'worst PM' and should resign, says Alastair Campbell
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.