Iain Duncan Smith’s orange glow on Newsnight causes alarm
- Credit: Archant
Viewers could not help but laugh when Brexiteer politician Iain Duncan Smith appeared on the BBC's Newsnight looking bright orange.
There was a mix of laughter and concern after the Tory MP and former party leader appeared on Skype with a video stream resembling a VHS casette in the 1980s.
Duncan Smith was answering questions about the government's sick pay regime in response to the coronavirus, but viewers could only focus on what the MP looked like while he was talking.
Some Twitter users encouraged him to find a better webcam for interviews, while others suggested he may want to consult with a doctor for his 'nuclear' orange glow.
'Christ, Iain Duncan Smith's Skype image on @BBCNewsnight is going to give me nightmares. Can't he get a better camera for his computer and claim it back on expenses like he did on his underpants?' enquired Brennig Hayden.
You may also want to watch:
'Iain Duncan Smith trying out a new boomer filter live on #Newsnight' joked @therealzdah.
'I think he should have a word with whoever sold him his webcam,' wrote Steve Unsworth. 'Unless his face is melting of course, which would explain the images'.
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 3 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 4 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 5 Downing Street withholds praise for business and local authorities offering free meals to hungry children
- 6 The harsh truths learned from halt in Brexit talks
- 7 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 8 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 9 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 10 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
'Has Iain Duncan Smith been working in the Simpsons Nuclear Plant?' asked @Mickorua1.
'Very cruel of producers to turn the thermal imaging cameras on on Iain Duncan Smith, but at least we all now know for certain that yes, he is cold blooded,' said Tom Peck.
'I see Iain Duncan Smith forgot to adjust his settings from glowing alien to human,' added @LadyLisaCusack.
'I don't know what poor Iain Duncan Smith has got, but whatever it is, I don't want it,' responded James Butcher.
It's little surprise last month the Brexiteer was calling for a return of the experts to guide Britain through the difficult times.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.