Internet decides Government’s Brexit ‘Plan for Britain’ isn’t working
- Credit: Archant
Government's new website setting out Brexit plan crashed immediately after launch. Awkward.
Could this be a sign that the Government's Brexit plan for Britain is broken?
The Government has launched a new website setting out its Brexit 'Plan for Britain' - only for the page to immediately crash.
Some visitors to www.planforbritain.gov.uk on Thursday evening were greeted only with error messages.
Those who got through found pages listing the 12 objectives set out by Theresa May for the upcoming EU withdrawal talks, along with information about the process of leaving the EU and Brexit Secretary David Davis's statement on the parliamentary legislation authorising the Prime Minister to trigger Article 50.
You may also want to watch:
A Government spokesman said: 'We experienced issues with hosting for the Plan for Britain website but we have worked quickly with suppliers and the issue has now been resolved.
'The Plan for Britain website outlines the four pillars of the Government's plan for the country to deliver a brighter future and to make Britain a country that works for everyone.'
- 1 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 2 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 3 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 4 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 5 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 6 Minister says Dido Harding is working '19-hours a day' on Test and Trace
- 7 Third Tory MP who rejected extending free school meals is targeted with local protests
- 8 Second shop owner bans Tory MPs who voted against free school meals motion
- 9 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 10 Piers Morgan calls Boris Johnson a 'blustering buffoon' in attack on PM's handling of Covid-19 pandemic
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.