Internet decides Government’s Brexit ‘Plan for Britain’ isn’t working
- Credit: Archant
Government's new website setting out Brexit plan crashed immediately after launch. Awkward.
Could this be a sign that the Government's Brexit plan for Britain is broken?
The Government has launched a new website setting out its Brexit 'Plan for Britain' - only for the page to immediately crash.
Some visitors to www.planforbritain.gov.uk on Thursday evening were greeted only with error messages.
Those who got through found pages listing the 12 objectives set out by Theresa May for the upcoming EU withdrawal talks, along with information about the process of leaving the EU and Brexit Secretary David Davis's statement on the parliamentary legislation authorising the Prime Minister to trigger Article 50.
You may also want to watch:
A Government spokesman said: 'We experienced issues with hosting for the Plan for Britain website but we have worked quickly with suppliers and the issue has now been resolved.
'The Plan for Britain website outlines the four pillars of the Government's plan for the country to deliver a brighter future and to make Britain a country that works for everyone.'
- 1 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 2 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 3 Boris Johnson to visit Scotland this week in attempt to shore up the union
- 4 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 5 Minister terminates interview after suggesting public's age and weight to blame for UK's high death toll
- 6 This picture of Boris Johnson on the phone to Joe Biden has caused a stir
- 7 Brussels to launch campaign teaching younger Britons about the EU
- 8 Brexiteer calls for UK to save Eurostar - by buying it and renaming it 'Britstar'
- 9 Petition launched to cancel 'festival of Brexit' event in 2022
- 10 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.