Boris Johnson visited Jennifer Arcuri’s flat because he was ‘naive about technology’
- Credit: TED Talks
The businesswoman caught up in gossip about Boris Johnson's personal life has claimed that the pair never had an affair - and she invited him over because she was fed up with all of his technology-related emails.
Speaking to the Mirror, she said accusations about favouritism from the then mayor of London was "crap" and denied any accusations of an affair.
Arcuri responded to questions from the newspaper in a supermarket car park in Los Angeles.
She told them: "The allegations are false and I am a legitimate businesswoman."
Instead she insisted it was a "Labour smear" - but denied being hostile to the opposition party.
You may also want to watch:
The entrepreneur claimed the politician only visited her East End home because he was "naive" when it came to technology and was fed up of his emails.
She said: "Why wouldn't he be? Everybody else was in London.
- 1 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 2 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 3 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 4 ERG MP says Boris Johnson should consider cutting ties with Church of England following Brexit row
- 5 Diane Abbott accuses Keir Starmer of having 'other motives' while shadow Brexit secretary
- 6 Leaked memo exposes government fears over rise in support for Scottish independence
- 7 Labour MP lashes out at Boris Johnson over £150k wage complaint during fiery debate on Manchester lockdown
- 8 Labour MP calls Dan Wootton a 'complete and utter nutcase' following Covid-19 herd immunity comment
- 9 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 10 Dominic Cummings dodges £50k in unpaid taxes after decision to 'write off' charges
"I had the best f***ing flat in East London. The reason why Boris would stopover was because of the clusterf*** of emails.
"And he was like, 'Jen, what the f***'s a Google hangout? Where are you at three o'clock, I can, you know, stop over.
"You can tell me what the hell is going on. That's what, that's what it is.
"And I'm so f***ing tired. All this stuff. Lover? It's bulls**t."
Johnson has previously claimed that there is "no interest to declare" regarding his involvement with Arcuri, but refused to deny they had an affair.
He added: "Everything was done with complete propriety."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.