Jeremy Corbyn has already ‘given up so many things’ he won’t be participating in Lent
- Credit: PA
Jeremy Corbyn won't be cutting anything out for Lent because he has already given up 'so many things', his spokesman claimed.
The Labour leader, a teetotaler, rarely has the heating on in his office and there's "not a lot of meat available", according to his aides.
Asked what the outgoing leader would give up for Lent, Corbyn's spokesman told journalists: "He's given so many things up already that there's very little left.
"If you work with Jeremy you will know that the heating is rarely turned on, there's not a lot of meat available - so he's a bit short of things to give up.
"Certainly the booze is a bit skimpy."
You may also want to watch:
Downing Street has been silent about whether the prime minister Boris Johnson intends to give anything up for the six-week period leading up to Easter.
He previously claimed he was giving up alcohol over the election campaign until Brexit was done - a promise he appeared to almost instantly break.
- 1 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 2 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 4 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 5 This picture of Boris Johnson on the phone to Joe Biden has caused a stir
- 6 Boris Johnson to visit Scotland this week in attempt to shore up the union
- 7 Brexiteer calls for UK to save Eurostar - by buying it and renaming it 'Britstar'
- 8 Petition launched to cancel 'festival of Brexit' event in 2022
- 9 Brussels to launch campaign teaching younger Britons about the EU
- 10 Piers Morgan defends interview with Thérèse Coffey after accusations of 'bullying'