Jeremy Corbyn reads mean tweets sent to him in hilarious campaign video
- Credit: PA
In the latest campaign video for the Labour party, Jeremy Corbyn has read out critical tweets about him in a format popularised by the US late-night chat host Jimmy Kimmel.
In the video entitled "Mean Tweets with Jeremy Corbyn", the Labour leader sits by a fireplace and read out critical tweets about him and his campaign.
When asked about going "back to wearing his commie hat" after the election, Corbyn replied: "What is a commie hat? I wear a cap! It's a bit like when I was told I was riding a Maoist bicycle. It's a bicycle!"
After addressing Labour manifesto promises on broadband - just after the video buffers for a moment - and free university tuition fees, he read out a tweet about being found sexy.
"Oh this is bad," Mr Corbyn said, later telling viewers that there was indeed a magic money tree to fund his campaign pledges, "in the Cayman Islands".
You may also want to watch:
READ MORE: Yet another poll predicts hung parliament as Labour close in on Tory leadREAD MORE: Votey McVoteface - The boat owners taking to the waves to tactically unseat Boris JohnsonThe Labour leader ended the video with a high-five to someone off-camera and saying he would be the next prime minister.
Posted late on Monday night, the video already has well over 22,500 retweets and has been seen at least 1.5million times on Twitter alone.
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 4 Michael Gove's Brexit fantasy is leading us down a perilous path
- 5 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 6 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 7 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 8 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 9 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 10 WILL SELF: Two places where everyone knows your name
One person replied: "Brilliant. Whoever came up with this deserves a promotion."
Another said: "I didnt think I could love the dude any more. Apparently I can!"
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.