Jeremy Corbyn reads mean tweets sent to him in hilarious campaign video
- Credit: PA
In the latest campaign video for the Labour party, Jeremy Corbyn has read out critical tweets about him in a format popularised by the US late-night chat host Jimmy Kimmel.
In the video entitled "Mean Tweets with Jeremy Corbyn", the Labour leader sits by a fireplace and read out critical tweets about him and his campaign.
When asked about going "back to wearing his commie hat" after the election, Corbyn replied: "What is a commie hat? I wear a cap! It's a bit like when I was told I was riding a Maoist bicycle. It's a bicycle!"
After addressing Labour manifesto promises on broadband - just after the video buffers for a moment - and free university tuition fees, he read out a tweet about being found sexy.
"Oh this is bad," Mr Corbyn said, later telling viewers that there was indeed a magic money tree to fund his campaign pledges, "in the Cayman Islands".
You may also want to watch:
READ MORE: Yet another poll predicts hung parliament as Labour close in on Tory leadREAD MORE: Votey McVoteface - The boat owners taking to the waves to tactically unseat Boris JohnsonThe Labour leader ended the video with a high-five to someone off-camera and saying he would be the next prime minister.
Posted late on Monday night, the video already has well over 22,500 retweets and has been seen at least 1.5million times on Twitter alone.
- 1 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 2 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 3 Piers Morgan tells Gavin Williamson to resign for being a 'catastrophe'
- 4 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 5 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 6 Tory MP complains 'less scrutiny of trade deals' than when UK was in EU
- 7 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 8 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 9 No 10 says Biden removing Churchill bust ‘up to president’ despite Obama attack
- 10 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
One person replied: "Brilliant. Whoever came up with this deserves a promotion."
Another said: "I didnt think I could love the dude any more. Apparently I can!"