Twitter watches John Rhys-Davies’ Question Time ‘mantrum’ in collective horror
- Credit: BBC
Actor John Rhys-Davies' table-banging Question Time performance, where he shouted 'oh, WOMAN!' at Caroline Lucas, had Twitter collectively aghast.
Twitter users watched hand over mouth as Rhys-Davies loudly ruined Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit forever.
In one exchange, the voice of LOTR's Treebeard explained to the leader of the Green Party that 'clean environment doesn't grow on trees'.
The moment that provided the most fodder for animated gifs, though, was an exchange with Lucas about Donald Trump's visit.
As Rhys-Davies was explaining that Trump represents the American people, Lucas piped up to say that as Trump didn't win the popular vote, this wasn't strictly true.
You may also want to watch:
That's when Rhys-Davies slapped the desk with both hands shouting: 'oh WOMAN!
'Do you not - have you ever read Kenneth Harrow, and Arrow's Theorem?'
- 1 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 2 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 3 Tory MP says policies no longer match 'principles on which millions have backed us'
- 4 George Osborne says it is 'game over' for Boris Johnson over free school meals
- 5 Danny Dyer praised for criticisms of Tory party - pointing out Etonians can't run the country
- 6 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 7 Liz Truss' department slammed for false claim about cost of soy sauce after Brexit
- 8 Andy Burnham could have been 'halfway through tenure as PM by now', claims commentator
- 9 Minister sparks concerns about pig semen after Brexit
- 10 Brexiteer in lockdown denial over 49% drop in constituency Covid-19 cases
'Any system of election has its problems.'
'Yes, the American one and ours more than most,' replied Lucas.
'I liked him better when he was a tree,' remarked Twitter user Patrick Howse.
The term 'pound shop Brian Blessed' quickly took off in the replies, as noted by Twitter user Ian Crust.
Musician Rhodri Marsden duly set the whole thing to 'Prince Charming' by Adam and the Ants.
Twitter user Leslie said: 'What struck me is that Fiona Bruce didn't even blink. This is a woman used to 'mantrums'.'
'Tbf he shouted loudly, so, you know. He must have the best points,' added Twitter user Richard Bourne.
Twitter user Kim Durham spilled actorly tea, saying: 'Nearly every actor I've known has been generous and supportive.
'One of the v few that wasn't was John Rhys-Davies.
'Selfish, boorish and deliberately trying to diminish another actor's perf.
'Now he's on Question Time.
'Still a shit.'
The performance went down very well with Leave.EU and the Brexit Party, who duly retweeted his comparatively rational take on how angry the electorate is.
'Anyone checked on John Rhys-Davies today?' asked Twitter user @ScottSMackenzie the following morning.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.