Labour Remainers are chopping up their membership cards after Brexit fudge
- Credit: Alastair Macphail
Labour Party members have been taking the scissors to their membership cards and posting them to social media after the party leadership endorsed a pro-Brexit manifesto.
Twitter user Alastair Macphail posted a picture of his chopped-up card saying: 'I'm done! Can't take this gaslighting any more,' and copied the Labour Party in.
Others soon joined in.
'Bye Felicia (Jeremy)', said Twitter user Dave Nash, posting a video of his membership card going into a shredder.
Jeremy Corbyn has faced protests since the party's ruling National Executive Committee agreed to a pro-Brexit manifesto.
MORE: Corbyn supporters claim victory as NEC endorses pro-Brexit manifestoMORE: Campaigners react as Labour continues to push for Brexit with new manifestoMP Jess Phillips predicted: 'I think people who voted Remain and voted Labour will not vote Labour again.'
You may also want to watch:
After the news of the manifesto broke, Twitter user Beverley Davies said: 'Just cancelled my direct debit. Had enough after today.
'I have supported Labour all my life but not now.'
- 1 The Prime Minister is out of his league
- 2 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 3 The cannabis conundrum
- 4 Why Germany's Greens failed to rise on floods
- 5 Party politics will not save us from the Tories - we need drastic action
- 6 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 7 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 8 The Spanish village with the mythical blue lagoon
- 9 Rabbits defeat French army
- 10 Would Javid have renamed ICU wards 'Drama Queen Zones'?
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.