Labour urges Boris Johnson to ‘get Brexit done’ and ‘take control’ of coronavirus
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Labour is using Boris Johnson's own Brexit catchphrases against him as the party goes on the attack over Brexit and the handling of the pandemic.
Shadow chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster Rachel Reeves appeared on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show to urge the government to 'get Brexit done' and get control of coronavirus.
She said: 'I think the simplicity of the rule of six is useful, but I think the government need to keep under review whether children need to be included in that or whether we can do more to enable families to come together.
You may also want to watch:
'But the most important thing for all families across our country is protecting ourselves against this deadly virus.
- 1 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 2 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 3 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 4 Minister terminates interview after suggesting public's age and weight to blame for UK's high death toll
- 5 Boris Johnson to visit Scotland this week in attempt to shore up the union
- 6 This picture of Boris Johnson on the phone to Joe Biden has caused a stir
- 7 Brexiteer calls for UK to save Eurostar - by buying it and renaming it 'Britstar'
- 8 Petition launched to cancel 'festival of Brexit' event in 2022
- 9 Brussels to launch campaign teaching younger Britons about the EU
- 10 Piers Morgan defends interview with Thérèse Coffey after accusations of 'bullying'
'It hasn't gone away, Government advisers are saying it is endemic in some communities, the government should have used the summer to get a grip and get control.
'Our testing regime, our tracing regime are on the verge of collapse. The government need to put all of its efforts into that, and that's why we're saying get Brexit done, get a deal and concentrate, please, on getting control of this virus.'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.