Led By Donkeys’ new campaign is writing The Brexit Party’s manifesto for them
- Credit: Led By Donkeys
Anti-Brexit campaigners Led by Donkeys are putting up a new set of billboards, and this time they've decided to use them to 'release' Nigel Farage's party's manifesto.
Farage announced at a campaign event that he would not publish any sort of manifesto until after the EU elections.
READ: Nigel Farage REFUSES to publish a Brexit Party manifesto until after EU elections"Nigel Farage has refused to publish one ahead of the elections so we've done it for him based on his own words and the statements and policies of his Brexit Party candidates," said Led by Donkeys on their website, adding that they think it's important to hold Farage and his candidates to account.
The first billboard in Coventry has mimicked The Brexit Party's branding and highlighted Nigel Farage's documented position on the NHS, quoting a speech he gave saying "we need to move to an insurance-based system of healthcare".
They've also posted a clip of some of the speech on Twitter, adding the comment: "A vote for The Brexit Party is a vote against the NHS".
In the clip, Farage adds: "Frankly, I would feel more comfortable that my money would return value if I was able to do that through the marketplace of an insurance company."
You may also want to watch:
Further billboards remind voters that Nigel Farage has in the past condemned increased maternity pay and of Anne Widdecombe's well-documented position on homosexuality.
The campaigners came to national attention after they started covering billboards with politicians' and Brexiteers' words on Brexit - which often contradict their current positions - rendered as tweets.
- 1 Brexit talks with Britain were plagued by 'Tory quarrels and low blows', says Michel Barnier
- 2 Jersey hits back at ‘disproportionate’ French threat to cut electricity over Brexit fishing row
- 3 Could Mexican Coke spark a new Coca-Cola cold war?
- 4 Post-Brexit restaurant worker shortage shows ERG did more damage than Line Of Duty's OCG
- 5 Boris Johnson consumed by infighting as Brexit job losses worsen
- 6 The German mega-scandal that puts ours in the shade
- 7 Boris Johnson's downfall will be the truth
- 8 Bailout too late for Rishi Sunak's wife
- 9 The man who made modern Europe.. but whom France forgot
- 10 A side to Julio Iglesias nobody should have to see
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.