Led by Donkeys project Boris Johnson message onto Buckingham Palace
- Credit: Led By Donkeys
A new stunt by the guerrilla activists has appeared on the eve of Boris Johnson's premiership - and this time, they have a message for the Queen.
The team of activists have projected an image of the new prime minister onto Buckingham Palace, showing Johnson holding up the kipper he used at the last Tory leadership hustings as a prop in a now-debunked story about EU bureaucracy.
They added the stark message: "Your Majesty, your new prime minister is a LIAR."
At the hustings, Johnson had added to his reputation for telling entertaining but very tall tales by using the example of a Manx kipper smoker who was frustrated by EU regulations. The story fell apart when critics pointed out that the Isle of Man is neither in the EU nor the UK - but the Tory membership seemed not to care as they voted him in with 66% of the ballot the following week.
READ: Boris Johnson's anti-EU 'kipper' story at the leadership debate has a fatal flawOminously enough, Led By Donkeys' projection last night was accompanied by flashes of thunder and lightning in the video they posted in a tweet.
Boris Johnson is due to meet the Queen today to ask her formal assent, one hour after Theresa May is to formally offer her resignation to the monarch.
You may also want to watch:
Led By Donkeys have kept the nation entertained with anti-Brexit stunts, most notoriously rendering the former statements of prominent Brexiteers as tweets and putting them on billboards nationwide. They have previously embarrassed Johnson by exposing his comments about Donald Trump during the US president's state visit, and used a billboard to remind Glastonbury revellers of Johnson's previous assurances that the UK would leave the EU with a deal.
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 4 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 5 Michael Gove's Brexit fantasy is leading us down a perilous path
- 6 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 7 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 8 How the Daily Star became Boris Johnson's biggest critic
- 9 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 10 'Shameful' Tory minister defends government memo attacking Marcus Rashford's free school meals call
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.