New Led By Donkeys billboards set out to embarrass Trump and Farage further
- Credit: Led By Donkeys
A new series of billboards from serial campaigners Led By Donkeys have resurrected statements reminding him of what his friends and allies have said about him - and none of it reflects well on him.
Two billboards side by side in Woolwich, London repeat statements by Donald Trump and Nigel Farage, starting with Trump's "grab 'em by the pussy" statement to Billy Bush in the Access Hollywood tape.
The infamous quote: "When you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the ..." is rendered into a tweet - and placed right next to a billboard of a tweet by Farage, discussing Trump's morality.
"Trump is a man of extraordinary moral courage," tweeted Farage in February 2017, around three months after the Access Hollywood tape had been made public.
The billboards come as part of a new series of stunts across London timed for the US president's state visit to the UK.
You may also want to watch:
The pranksters are also trolling the notoriously thin-skinned president with comments made about him by prominent Republicans.
An interview Lindsey Graham gave to CNN in 2015 is given the Led By Donkeys tweet treatment on a billboard spotted in the capital, as was a 2016 interview with Marco Rubio.
- 1 Sadiq Khan re-elected as London mayor as Laurence Fox loses £10k deposit
- 2 Could Mexican Coke spark a new Coca-Cola cold war?
- 3 Why can't the English see what the Scots and Welsh can?
- 4 Labour should never have swallowed the Brexit pill
- 5 A view from inside the Heathrow petri dish
- 6 The man the Soviet Union left in space
- 7 Angela Rayner sacked as Labour Party chair following poor election results
- 8 Election results demonstrate why rejoining EU is a long way off
- 9 Noel Clarke: The man who would not take no for an answer
- 10 Is the end finally nigh for EU's most notorious leader?
Graham called Trump a "race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot" who doesn't represent the values of the US armed forces.
Meanwhile Rubio said he was the most vulgar person to aim for the US presidency.
Graham has since become a staunch ally of Trump and Rubio has become broadly supportive of his presidency.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.