Led By Donkeys troll the Tories at their own conference with new video stunts
- Credit: Led By Donkeys
Dominic Cummings is one of the latest targets of a set of anti-Brexit video stunts displayed on the doorstep of the Conservative Party conference.
Prolific pranksters Led By Donkeys have set up their projector and have caught out both Boris Johnson and his senior adviser in central Manchester locations.
One video, projected on the side of the Manchester One tower block, shows an excerpt of a speech given by Dominic Cummings in which he says: "I know a lot of Tory MPs and I'm sad to say the public is basically correct. Tory MPs largely do not care about these poorer people, they don't care about the NHS, and the public kind of has cottoned on to that."
The words are followed by the message "CLASSIC DOM", a Twitter catchphrase mocking assertions that Cummings is a scheming genius who operates four or five moves ahead of his opponents.
The quote, which dates back to a conference in 2017, stands in stark contrast to the prime minister's keynote speech in which he claimed "we are the party of the NHS".
MORE: Five moments that raised eyebrows in Boris Johnson's Tory party conference speechAnother video was projected on an Oxford Road building in which Johnson was grilled on instances of dishonesty and intimidation.
You may also want to watch:
The Eddie Mair interview looks over the time he made up quotes as a journalist and provided the address of someone a friend wanted to get beaten up. It ends with the now-famous quote: "You're a nasty piece of work, aren't you?"
And as a simple but effective reminder of another quote - this time by the prime minister - Manchester City Tower was emblazoned with the slogan "Fuck business".
- 1 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 2 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 3 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 4 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 5 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 6 Minister says Dido Harding is working '19-hours a day' on Test and Trace
- 7 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 8 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 9 Second shop owner bans Tory MPs who voted against free school meals motion
- 10 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
Johnson was reported to have made the comment in 2018 when he was questioned by EU diplomats on the business effects of a no-deal Brexit.
Led By Donkeys called it "An honest 2019 Tory party conference slogan".
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.