Leo Varadkar reveals secret reason why he wants Brexit sorted either way by October 31st
- Credit: PA
The Irish prime minister has revealed why he wants to get Brexit sorted either way by October 31st.
Varadkar said he had a different reason for seeing a resolution to Brexit, and it is very unlike Boris Johnson's reasoning.
According to the Irish Mirror, he is not only hoping for a solution that benefits his country, but also because he is looking forward to enjoying his downtime without worrying about Brexit.
One particular reason is that he has tickets to Cher on 1st November as her Here We Go Again tour arrives in Dublin.
Somebody close to the Taoiseach told the newspaper: "The Taoiseach was clearly giddy to tell us about the Cher gig. Leo was in good form before the Fine Gael dinner at the bar and we were chatting about how tiring Brexit had been over the last few months and how much we were just dying for it to be over. Leo chipped in then and said he knew how we felt and that he really wanted Boris to get the deal done by October 31.
You may also want to watch:
"We were wondering for a second why he was so keen but then he told us it was because he had tickets for the Cher gig in The Point [the old name for the 3Arena] and that he wanted to enjoy that without worrying about Brexit.
"He must be a really big fan."
- 1 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 2 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 3 ‘Don’t haste ye back’ - Nicola Sturgeon's perfect farewell message to Donald Trump
- 4 PMQs: Ben Bradshaw calls out Boris Johnson over Brexit lies
- 5 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 6 Piers Morgan tells Gavin Williamson to resign for being a 'catastrophe'
- 7 Brexiteer musician accused of hypocrisy after demanding No 10 help bands with EU visa
- 8 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 9 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 10 The bigot we should have called out on day one
Michael Hutchinson responded to the story, by saying: "Honestly, that's a better argument than anything we've heard in the UK parliament."
Tom Copley said: "'Get Brexit done so that I can see Cher' is probably the only get Brexit done argument that could even remotely appeal to me."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.