Leo Varadkar reveals secret reason why he wants Brexit sorted either way by October 31st
- Credit: PA
The Irish prime minister has revealed why he wants to get Brexit sorted either way by October 31st.
Varadkar said he had a different reason for seeing a resolution to Brexit, and it is very unlike Boris Johnson's reasoning.
According to the Irish Mirror, he is not only hoping for a solution that benefits his country, but also because he is looking forward to enjoying his downtime without worrying about Brexit.
One particular reason is that he has tickets to Cher on 1st November as her Here We Go Again tour arrives in Dublin.
Somebody close to the Taoiseach told the newspaper: "The Taoiseach was clearly giddy to tell us about the Cher gig. Leo was in good form before the Fine Gael dinner at the bar and we were chatting about how tiring Brexit had been over the last few months and how much we were just dying for it to be over. Leo chipped in then and said he knew how we felt and that he really wanted Boris to get the deal done by October 31.
You may also want to watch:
"We were wondering for a second why he was so keen but then he told us it was because he had tickets for the Cher gig in The Point [the old name for the 3Arena] and that he wanted to enjoy that without worrying about Brexit.
"He must be a really big fan."
- 1 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 2 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 3 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 4 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 5 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
- 6 Tory minister blames journalists for NHS Test and Trace failure as he defends Dido Harding
- 7 Group in protest against Tory MPs who voted down free school meals targets offices with empty plates
- 8 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 9 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 10 Dido Harding is struggling to defend the indefensible
Michael Hutchinson responded to the story, by saying: "Honestly, that's a better argument than anything we've heard in the UK parliament."
Tom Copley said: "'Get Brexit done so that I can see Cher' is probably the only get Brexit done argument that could even remotely appeal to me."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.