Liberal Democrats aim at both Labour and Tories with WWII-style campaign
- Credit: Liberal Democrats
For once it's the Liberal Democrats taking their Brexit rhetoric from the Second World War, with poster pastiches of the 'careless talk costs lives' images.
With prospects of an election looming closer, the Lib Dem version warns that "Careless votes cost lives" and depicts Jeremy Corbyn and Boris Johnson conspiring to "get Brexit over the line".
The original poster was part of a propaganda campaign by the British government which discouraged talking about sensitive material where spies could overhear it.
The Lib Dem poster replaces two gossiping diners in one of the original designs with Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn, both of whom the Lib Dems claim have worked together to deliver Brexit.
The Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson was recently incensed that Labour MPs did not support her party's recent efforts to organise a People's Vote on Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The pro-European party is putting its poster across billboards, newspapers and roaming digital ad-vans, with the warning that 'careless votes' for Labour, as well as the Conservatives, are helping deliver Brexit.
Former Labour MP Angela Smith, who left the party to join the Lib Dems, said: "Labour have voted with the Tories more than 30 times to deliver Brexit. They do not want to stop Brexit, so do not waste your vote on them.
- 1 This chumocracy is costing our country
- 2 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 3 Fifteen ways to fix Britain
- 4 Michel Barnier tells UK to be 'very careful' in Brexit diplomatic status row
- 5 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 6 Independent SAGE adviser gives scathing assessment of Priti Patel's £800 Covid fines
- 7 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 8 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 9 George Osborne hopes for Brexit dividend
- 10 Piers Morgan tells Gavin Williamson to resign for being a 'catastrophe'
"Only the Liberal Democrats have been crystal clear on Brexit. We will do anything we can to stop Brexit including revoking Article 50 on day one of a Lib Dem majority government."
Last week, the Lib Dems gatecrashed Jeremy Corbyn's rally in Liverpool with a van circling the venue with an electronic billboard carrying the slogan: "You can't stop Tory Brexit with Labour Brexit. Only Lib Dems will stop Brexit."