New Lib Dem attack posters point out Boris Johnson lied to the Queen
- Credit: PA
The Lib Dems have increased pressure on Boris Johnson and the Tories after concerns that the party could work with their former coalition allies again once the votes are counted.
New general election posters from the anti-Brexit party accuse the prime minister of lying to the Queen and being too close to Donald Trump and Nigel Farage.
The posters will be displayed in target seats which the Lib Dems hope to win on December 12th, with the party now aiming to dent Boris Johnson's majority to stop him delivering Brexit.
"He lied to the Queen, parliament, the people", says one poster.
"Brexit is good for them, how is it for you?" asks another, with images of Donald Trump and Nigel Farage alongside the prime minister.
You may also want to watch:
Boris Johnson has been marred by questions about how trustworthy he is, with a Question Time audience laughing at the prime minister when he was asked questions on the matter.
Lib Dem spokesperson Tom Brake explained the thinking behind the posters. MORE: Lib Dem deputy leader doesn't rule out party propping up Tories for a People's Vote
He said: "Boris Johnson and his backers Nigel Farage and Donald Trump may stand to benefit from Brexit, but it is families across the country who will suffer.
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 4 Downing Street withholds praise for business and local authorities offering free meals to hungry children
- 5 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 6 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 7 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 8 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 9 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 10 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
"Johnson has shown time and again that he can't be trusted. He's lied to the Queen, he's lied to Parliament and he's lied to the British people.
"Now he is trying to dupe the public into believing that voting for him will make Brexit go away. This the biggest lie of all and it must be challenged head on. His disastrous Brexit plan would mean years more uncertainty and damage to our economy, NHS and public services."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.