Pro-Brexit protest in Manchester ‘quite embarrassing really’
- Credit: Hits Radio/Twitter
As tens of thousands of people gather in London with their demand for a People's Vote, over in Manchester Brexiteers have also made efforts to pull people together in their cause.
No official figures have been released but a social media post purporting to be at the scene of the 'March for Democracy' show roughly 100 people shouting "Out out out! Brexit Brexit Brexit!" on their way to the Victoria Street start point.
"Quite embarrassing really," said Ollie Coburn, the Twitter user who posted the video.
Manchester's Hits Radio has also posted videos of the protest, with a crowd of around 200 marchers shouting "What do we want? Brexit!"
Brexit Party prospective parliamentary candidate for Islington North James Heartfield tweeted a video of the crowd walking along the pavement with the same chant.
MORE: Brexit Party MEP complains that their chant has been 'stolen' by RemainersMeanwhile in London, aerial cameras have been used to fully take in the numbers attending the People's Vote march.
You may also want to watch:
Confirmed speakers at the pro-Brexit rally include Brexit Party MEP Henrik Overgaard Nielsen and trade unionist Paul Embery.
Social media posts claim that Brendan O'Neill, editor of Spiked, also gave an "impassioned" speech.
- 1 Russell Kane: Why working class people like Boris Johnson
- 2 Boris Johnson proposes saving United Kingdom with 'Project Love' plan
- 3 BBC journalist admits being 'haunted' by fear broadcaster 'built up' Nigel Farage and UKIP
- 4 Welsh government takes Westminster to court over post-Brexit bill
- 5 The only Brexit export boom is from UK businesses rushing to Europe
- 6 Prosecution threat for Tories' co-chairman
- 7 Scientist tells Boris Johnson to cancel India trip over new variant fears
- 8 No plans for EU membership vote in independent Scotland, says Sturgeon
- 9 Brussels insists Northern Ireland Brexit protocol must remain in place
- 10 EU president faces fresh calls to resign over 'disastrous' Covid vaccine programme
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.