Pro-Brexit protest in Manchester ‘quite embarrassing really’
- Credit: Hits Radio/Twitter
As tens of thousands of people gather in London with their demand for a People's Vote, over in Manchester Brexiteers have also made efforts to pull people together in their cause.
No official figures have been released but a social media post purporting to be at the scene of the 'March for Democracy' show roughly 100 people shouting "Out out out! Brexit Brexit Brexit!" on their way to the Victoria Street start point.
"Quite embarrassing really," said Ollie Coburn, the Twitter user who posted the video.
Manchester's Hits Radio has also posted videos of the protest, with a crowd of around 200 marchers shouting "What do we want? Brexit!"
Brexit Party prospective parliamentary candidate for Islington North James Heartfield tweeted a video of the crowd walking along the pavement with the same chant.
MORE: Brexit Party MEP complains that their chant has been 'stolen' by RemainersMeanwhile in London, aerial cameras have been used to fully take in the numbers attending the People's Vote march.
You may also want to watch:
Confirmed speakers at the pro-Brexit rally include Brexit Party MEP Henrik Overgaard Nielsen and trade unionist Paul Embery.
Social media posts claim that Brendan O'Neill, editor of Spiked, also gave an "impassioned" speech.
- 1 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 2 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 3 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 4 ERG MP says Boris Johnson should consider cutting ties with Church of England following Brexit row
- 5 Labour MP calls Dan Wootton a 'complete and utter nutcase' following Covid-19 herd immunity comment
- 6 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 7 Diane Abbott accuses Keir Starmer of having 'other motives' while shadow Brexit secretary
- 8 Theresa May brands Michael Gove's no-deal Brexit statement 'utter rubbish'
- 9 Brexiteer admits 'Australia-style deal' term designed to 'pull wool over voters' eyes'
- 10 Labour MP lashes out at Boris Johnson over £150k wage complaint during fiery debate on Manchester lockdown
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.