Pro-Brexit protest in Manchester ‘quite embarrassing really’
- Credit: Hits Radio/Twitter
As tens of thousands of people gather in London with their demand for a People's Vote, over in Manchester Brexiteers have also made efforts to pull people together in their cause.
No official figures have been released but a social media post purporting to be at the scene of the 'March for Democracy' show roughly 100 people shouting "Out out out! Brexit Brexit Brexit!" on their way to the Victoria Street start point.
"Quite embarrassing really," said Ollie Coburn, the Twitter user who posted the video.
Manchester's Hits Radio has also posted videos of the protest, with a crowd of around 200 marchers shouting "What do we want? Brexit!"
Brexit Party prospective parliamentary candidate for Islington North James Heartfield tweeted a video of the crowd walking along the pavement with the same chant.
MORE: Brexit Party MEP complains that their chant has been 'stolen' by RemainersMeanwhile in London, aerial cameras have been used to fully take in the numbers attending the People's Vote march.
You may also want to watch:
Confirmed speakers at the pro-Brexit rally include Brexit Party MEP Henrik Overgaard Nielsen and trade unionist Paul Embery.
Social media posts claim that Brendan O'Neill, editor of Spiked, also gave an "impassioned" speech.
- 1 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 3 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 4 James O'Brien schools Brexiteer who refuses to accept new EU-UK trade rules
- 5 Katie Hopkins joins UKIP in time for leadership contest
- 6 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 7 What Remainers should have done differently
- 8 Scottish fishing boats ditch UK waters for Denmark to escape Brexit red tape
- 9 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 10 Spokesman indicates Boris Johnson has not read Brexit trade deal text