Mark Francois is spotted with a pint on a Westminster street - and everybody had something to say
- Credit: Archant
Tory Brexiteer MP Mark Francois has swapped clapping on a Thursday night for a pint, after he was spotted with an alcoholic drink on a Westminstrer street.
Despite pubs remaining closed for drinking during lockdown until July 4th, the Tory MP was spotted on Marylebone Street with what appeared to be an IPA.
'My mate just saw Mark Francois having a pint outside a pub.' tweeted Chris Barker. 'Something doesn't feel right about this. (Not photoshopped incidentally).'
It is possible that Francois had made use of the establishments offering takeaway pints - but nonetheless the sheepish reaction to having his picture taken left everyone with something to say, especially after it was shared by a parody account.
'It's like when you catch your underage neighbour having a pint, he half hides it, and hopes you dont grass him to his parents,' wrote Tim O'Jong.
You may also want to watch:
'A pint and a half-pint,' posted Arlene Connoll.
'Shouldn't you still be clapping?' asked Will Boyes.
- 1 Boris Johnson proposes saving United Kingdom with 'Project Love' plan
- 2 The only Brexit export boom is from UK businesses rushing to Europe
- 3 Russell Kane: Why working class people like Boris Johnson
- 4 Former Brexit secretary 'privately agreed' with Gina Miller's court action over Article 50
- 5 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 6 PRINCE PHILIP: Why this Danish, Greek, German immigrant epitomised Britain
- 7 Is Volkswagen about to give Tesla a shock?
- 8 How the vaccines have shifted opinions over Brexit
- 9 Government loses bid to block financial services bill amendment in House of Lords
- 10 MEPs again refuse to ratify Brexit deal amid concerns No 10 is flouting conditions
'That better had be a half, what if Jerry tries to have another pop? Who's even guarding the beaches? This is very serious,' joked one.
'Happy 4th July, that month went quick!' tweeted another.
'So glad that wasn't Diane Abbott drinking in public! Imagine the outrage!' said @TooMuchCoffee1.
'Why does his face look like he's been caught stealing all the purple Quality Street' pondered @BlueLightAlarm.
'Hang on! That looks like a foreign lager not a stout British ale,' added @po_jtu.
Francois has been contacted for comment about the pint.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.