Matt Hancock video tweet is dubbed with Hannibal Lecter and it’s hilarious
- Credit: Matt Hancock
A Twitter user has dubbed one of Matt Hancock's latest general election Twitter videos with Silence of the Lambs dialogue.
Despite his best efforts to take off on social media, Matt Hancock has had numerous bumps in the road whilst trying to get his message across in video tweets.
One tweet, in which Hancock gave a big thumbs up to camera saying "we're ready to go," struck such a collective cringe that he was compared to Alan Partridge.
A more recent tweet positioned a tree directly behind his head, making him look like he had a much bigger haircut.
But now Sarah Mackie, who makes both satirical and serious political videos, has upped the ante by dubbing Hancock's friendly appeals to the public with Hannibal Lecter's voice.
You may also want to watch:
"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti," says 'Hancock', approaching the camera earnestly from under a bus shelter.
"Why do you think he ... removes their skins?" continues the health secretary, his face looming continuously at the camera.
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 5 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 6 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 7 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 10 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
In actuality, Hancock was talking about the Conservative manifesto and repeating a well-established lie about the party's promise about "40 new hospitals".