Matt Hancock video tweet has now been trolled by Russell Howard
- Credit: Matt Hancock/Russell Howard
Comedian Russell Howard has taken on one of Matt Hancock's general election video tweets, and won.
It seems like the would-be Tory health and social care minister just can't catch a break with his attempts to crack relatable social media.
His latest video, in which he discusses the Tory manifesto's aims for the NHS, has already been dubbed with dialogue from Silence of the Lambs by political video maker Sarah Mackie.
WATCH: Matt Hancock video tweet is dubbed with Hannibal Lecter and it's hilariousBut now former Mock the Week regular Howard has recast the ministerial hopeful as a weirdo talking to you on public transport.
Playing up Hancock's slightly looming straight-to-camera approach, he plays the part of a person on the receiving end of his monologue.
"I've just arrived at the station on my way to the manifesto launch, I'm really excited about this manifesto," says Hancock, staring intently into the lens.
You may also want to watch:
The camera cuts to Howard, under the same public transport shelter, who removes his earbuds in suprise.
"Fuck off," shouts a terrifed Howard as Hancock proceeds towards him, describing how the manifesto is "such a positive, vibrant, cuture vision for Britain".
- 1 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 2 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 3 Danny Dyer praised for criticisms of Tory party - pointing out Etonians can't run the country
- 4 George Osborne says it is 'game over' for Boris Johnson over free school meals
- 5 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 6 Liz Truss' department slammed for false claim about cost of soy sauce after Brexit
- 7 Andy Burnham could have been 'halfway through tenure as PM by now', claims commentator
- 8 Minister sparks concerns about pig semen after Brexit
- 9 Tory MP says policies no longer match 'principles on which millions have backed us'
- 10 Minister says he 'doesn't understand' accusation he's starving kids in holidays
"Get out of my face, you creepy fucking man-baby," says an increasingly terrified Howard.
Watch the full video here, and catch the Russell Howard Hour on Thursdays at 10pm on Sky One.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.