Matt Hancock video tweet has now been trolled by Russell Howard
- Credit: Matt Hancock/Russell Howard
Comedian Russell Howard has taken on one of Matt Hancock's general election video tweets, and won.
It seems like the would-be Tory health and social care minister just can't catch a break with his attempts to crack relatable social media.
His latest video, in which he discusses the Tory manifesto's aims for the NHS, has already been dubbed with dialogue from Silence of the Lambs by political video maker Sarah Mackie.
WATCH: Matt Hancock video tweet is dubbed with Hannibal Lecter and it's hilariousBut now former Mock the Week regular Howard has recast the ministerial hopeful as a weirdo talking to you on public transport.
Playing up Hancock's slightly looming straight-to-camera approach, he plays the part of a person on the receiving end of his monologue.
"I've just arrived at the station on my way to the manifesto launch, I'm really excited about this manifesto," says Hancock, staring intently into the lens.
You may also want to watch:
The camera cuts to Howard, under the same public transport shelter, who removes his earbuds in suprise.
"Fuck off," shouts a terrifed Howard as Hancock proceeds towards him, describing how the manifesto is "such a positive, vibrant, cuture vision for Britain".
- 1 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 2 Michel Barnier tells UK to be 'very careful' in Brexit diplomatic status row
- 3 Fifteen ways to fix Britain
- 4 This chumocracy is costing our country
- 5 Holyrood in talks with EU to extend Erasmus scheme to Scottish students
- 6 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 7 Independent SAGE adviser gives scathing assessment of Priti Patel's £800 Covid fines
- 8 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 9 An actor whose politics were a touchy subject
- 10 Brexiteer says he'd never have voted for Brexit 'if we knew we'd lose our jobs'
"Get out of my face, you creepy fucking man-baby," says an increasingly terrified Howard.
Watch the full video here, and catch the Russell Howard Hour on Thursdays at 10pm on Sky One.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.