WATCH: ‘You’re the losers now!’ – Presenter hits out at Brexiteer over People’s Vote
- Credit: Archant
TV presenter Susanna Reid has hit out at Leavers who call Remainers 'losers', pointing out they are now the ones the most vocal about Brexit unhappiness.
The Good Morning Britain presenter was responding to a claim from a Brexiteer that the only reason Remainers want a People's Vote is because they lost the original EU referendum.
Reid and co-presenter Piers Morgan held a series of debates on the future of Brexit on the breakfast television programme.
They were joined by Richard Tice and John Redwood from the Leave side, and The New European's Matt Kelly and Andrew Adonis.
Morgan continues to be infruriated by the suggestion of a People's Vote.
You may also want to watch:
He asked the panel: 'What is the point of having a democractic vote – 17.5 million voting for one result – and then we pretend it didn't happened at all?'
But Matt Kelly insisted 'that isn't case, it's just being positioned as ignoring democracy.'
- 1 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 2 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 3 Television drama to focus on Boris Johnson's first year in Downing Street
- 4 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 5 Boris Johnson claims Labour supporters using Universal Credit vote to incite hatred
- 6 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 7 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 8 Michael Gove among 14 Tory MPs revealed to have joined banned Parler app
- 9 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 10 Dominic Raab 'not convinced' collapse of fishing businesses would be result of Brexit deal
He explained: 'If the reality is that there are more people out there who no longer want to press on with this deal, what bit of this democracy do you want to refuse?'
'It is definitely in doubt, there is no question that there is a lot of doubt about whether Britain is behind this deal or not.'
As both Matt Kelly and Lord Adonis argued for a fresh vote – with Kelly suggesting a series of vote similar to the Scottish devolution referendum – Leaver Richard Tice lashed out.
He asked: 'How many voters do you want before you realise you lost? Get over it!'
But in the perfect retort to the Brexiteer the breakfast show host Susanna Reid said he was now the loser too.
She said: 'Except Richard although they lost you think you've lost with this deal!
'Even you're not backing this deal, so what do you want to do about it?'
Refuting the Brexiteers' suggestions we could just walk away without a deal, Lord Adonis said it would be the most damaging scenario for the country.
He said: 'We are the ones leaving who want the deal.
'The people who suffer if we don't get have a deal is millions of British workers, whose jobs are in jeopardy and whose trade isn't going to take place. It is totally irresponsible.'