Michael Gove ‘incredibly flattered’ by Spitting Image puppet
- Credit: Archant
Michael Gove has insisted he is 'incredibly flattered' by a Spitting Image puppet that appears to make his face out of two genitals.
The programme is returning to TV screens with more than 100 puppets – including Gove, Dominic Raab, and a new-look Charles and Camilla.
Creators have promised a Who's Who of famous faces in puppet form, such as the Queen, Kim Kardashian and even a 'Boris Baby'.
You may also want to watch:
The satirical puppet show, which was watched by 15 million viewers in its heyday, will return on October 3 with a 10-week series on BritBox.
- 1 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 2 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 3 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 4 Group in protest against Tory MPs who voted down free school meals targets offices with empty plates
- 5 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 6 Tory minister blames journalists for NHS Test and Trace failure as he defends Dido Harding
- 7 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
- 8 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 9 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 10 Boris Johnson and Priti Patel urged to end 'attacks' on lawyers in letter by 800 legal professionals
Producers previously unveiled images of Boris Johnson, his chief adviser Dominic Cummings and the Duke of York ahead of the show's comeback.
Gove has insisted he is 'incredibly flattered' by the use of two genitals to create his face on a puppet.
He told Times Radio: 'It's an honour'.
'But they've made your face looks like genitals,' presenter Luke Jones tells him.
'Er, I think even my most generous friends would say my face is designed for radio'.
Spitting Image co-creator Roger Law said the puppets are 'oven ready' for the new series.
He explained: 'Everything the team have done on the new Spitting Image shows – the caricatures, puppets and satirical gags – have all been done in the public interest, as Boris might say: 'Pro bono publico.'
'It's time to come off furlough!' he said of the show's return.
'The people have spoken and the puppets are 'oven ready'.
'We're going to take back control from the likes of Boris, Cummings, Trump, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
'There will be tongue-lashings from our weather girl, Greta Thunberg, you'll be knocked out by Tyson Fury and dazzled and amazed by Beyonce and Herr Jurgen Klopp.'
Producers said scripts are being written and new puppets made as close to each episode as possible.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.