Watch Miles Jupp read from Alice in Brexitland
Nigel Farage is reimagined as The Cheshire Tw*t in a satirical new bedtime story
Comedian Miles Jupp has recorded an extract from a new parody, written by Lucien Young, which depicts Nigel Farage as a reactionary feline called The Cheshire Tw*t.
In the bedtime read, lying on a riverbank on a lazy summer's afternoon – June 23, 2016, to be precise – Alice spots a flustered-looking white rabbit called Dave calling for a referendum.
Following him down a rabbit-hole, she emerges into a strange new land, where up is down, black is white, experts are fools and fools are experts.
The Cheshire Tw*t – depicted with Farage's face and carrying a bottomless pint of beer – sings Alice a song about the good old days "where ruddy-faced fellows drove funny old cars and birds didn't mind a bloke slapping their arse".
You may also want to watch:
Watch the News Quiz host read from the book in the extract above.
- 1 Could Mexican Coke spark a new Coca-Cola cold war?
- 2 A view from inside the Heathrow petri dish
- 3 Liz Truss accused of freeports 'catastrophic blunder' following Brexit deals
- 4 The truth about 'buy British'
- 5 Downing Street announces plans to change English voting system following string of Labour victories
- 6 The man the Soviet Union left in space
- 7 Tories could push for 2023 general election after axing key legislation
- 8 Why can't the English see what the Scots and Welsh can?
- 9 Labour should never have swallowed the Brexit pill
- 10 Britons living in Spain are being refused Covid jab 'due to Brexit', report claims
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.