Watch Miles Jupp read from Alice in Brexitland
Nigel Farage is reimagined as The Cheshire Tw*t in a satirical new bedtime story
Comedian Miles Jupp has recorded an extract from a new parody, written by Lucien Young, which depicts Nigel Farage as a reactionary feline called The Cheshire Tw*t.
In the bedtime read, lying on a riverbank on a lazy summer's afternoon – June 23, 2016, to be precise – Alice spots a flustered-looking white rabbit called Dave calling for a referendum.
Following him down a rabbit-hole, she emerges into a strange new land, where up is down, black is white, experts are fools and fools are experts.
The Cheshire Tw*t – depicted with Farage's face and carrying a bottomless pint of beer – sings Alice a song about the good old days "where ruddy-faced fellows drove funny old cars and birds didn't mind a bloke slapping their arse".
You may also want to watch:
Watch the News Quiz host read from the book in the extract above.
- 1 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 2 Michel Barnier tells UK to be 'very careful' in Brexit diplomatic status row
- 3 Fifteen ways to fix Britain
- 4 This chumocracy is costing our country
- 5 Holyrood in talks with EU to extend Erasmus scheme to Scottish students
- 6 Independent SAGE adviser gives scathing assessment of Priti Patel's £800 Covid fines
- 7 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 8 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 9 An actor whose politics were a touchy subject
- 10 Brexiteer says he'd never have voted for Brexit 'if we knew we'd lose our jobs'