Margolyes takes down Boris Johnson and David Cameron in Brexit rant
- Credit: Archant
English-Australian actress Miriam Margolyes has turned the air blue on Australian breakfast television in anti-Brexit rant.
The Harry Potter star was asked for her opinion on Brexit on ABC's News Breakfast show, and she did not mince her words.
She said: 'I'm not allowed to say the words that spring to mind, because it is early in the morning, and people are tender in the morning... but I think it's a load of...'
The host interjects: 'You can say bollocks' to which the actress agreed.
She said: 'Yes it's bollocks!'
You may also want to watch:
'It's wrong and it's based on ignorance, people were lied to, people didn't tell the truth, particularly Boris Johnson. It is a disaster for England.'
Asked how it will end, Margolyes said that she expected the Brexit situation to rumble on for years to come.
- 1 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 2 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 3 What Auf Wiedersehen, Pet teaches us about Britain and Europe
- 4 Fifteen ways to fix Britain
- 5 Michel Barnier tells UK to be 'very careful' in Brexit diplomatic status row
- 6 An actor whose politics were a touchy subject
- 7 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 8 Holyrood in talks with EU to extend Erasmus scheme to Scottish students
- 9 This chumocracy is costing our country
- 10 George Osborne hopes for Brexit dividend
She said: 'I don't think it's going to end. I think it's going to go on for years. We are wasting our resources and our time, and our focus, it's absolute nonsense. It's piffle.
'David Cameron - who was our prime minister - he should be boiled in oil. It was just a waste.'
Twitter users responded to Breakfast News' social media post in praise of the rant.