Monster Raving Loony Party ‘finishes off’ UKIP by beating them in by-election
- Credit: PA
The Official Monster Raving Loony Party managed to increase its vote share at the Brecon and Radnorshire by-election- beating UKIP in the proccess.
While all eyes were on the top of the polls where the Liberal Democrats and Conservatives fought it out to take the top spot - attention then turned to the bottom of the table.
Not only did the Official Monster Raving Loony Party manage to increase its vote share by a percentage point to a whopping 334 votes, it also beat UKIP who mustered just 242 votes.
Lady The Lily Pink was standing on a manifesto for Brexit that some have claimed is more coherent than some of the other parties standing.
It includes the claims "we will send Noel Edmonds to negotiate Brexit because he understands Deal Or No Deal."
You may also want to watch:
And "there will be no need for a backstop to the Brexit negotiations. We'll have Alec Stewart as wicket-keeper."
Peter Sketch tweeted: "If you've noticed the Monster Raving Loony Party is trending, here's the reason - they've just done to what's left of UKIP what they famously once did to what was left of the SDP."
- 1 The EU has moved on from Brexit... and Europeans have moved on from Britain
- 2 The true cost of Brexit is becoming clearer
- 3 Food industry predicts empty shelves and price rises in latest Brexit dividend
- 4 MATT FREI: Brexit posed a question... and we haven't even begun to answer it
- 5 Brexit: British 'expats' in Spain facing deportation over residency
- 6 Ed Davey rejects Labour alliance in wake of by-election victory
- 7 Britain’s message of hope to Europe on the referendum’s 5th anniversary
- 8 Where the fires of Brexit still burn fiercest
- 9 How Boris Johnson went from Francophile to Francophobe
- 10 Amazon order shows how we're all paying the price for Brexit
It is a reference to the 1990 by-election in Bootle in which the party's candidate was beaten by Scream Lord Sutch, and was subsequently dissolved.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.