Monster Raving Loony Party ‘finishes off’ UKIP by beating them in by-election
- Credit: PA
The Official Monster Raving Loony Party managed to increase its vote share at the Brecon and Radnorshire by-election- beating UKIP in the proccess.
While all eyes were on the top of the polls where the Liberal Democrats and Conservatives fought it out to take the top spot - attention then turned to the bottom of the table.
Not only did the Official Monster Raving Loony Party manage to increase its vote share by a percentage point to a whopping 334 votes, it also beat UKIP who mustered just 242 votes.
Lady The Lily Pink was standing on a manifesto for Brexit that some have claimed is more coherent than some of the other parties standing.
It includes the claims "we will send Noel Edmonds to negotiate Brexit because he understands Deal Or No Deal."
You may also want to watch:
And "there will be no need for a backstop to the Brexit negotiations. We'll have Alec Stewart as wicket-keeper."
Peter Sketch tweeted: "If you've noticed the Monster Raving Loony Party is trending, here's the reason - they've just done to what's left of UKIP what they famously once did to what was left of the SDP."
- 1 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 2 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 3 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 4 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 5 Ed Miliband mocks Kwasi Kwarteng's 'road to Damascus conversion'
- 6 Brussels to launch campaign teaching younger Britons about the EU
- 7 Boris Johnson to visit Scotland this week in attempt to shore up the union
- 8 Piers Morgan causes hilarity with 'Priti Patel with a brain' jibe
- 9 Backlash over Tory MP receiving Covid-19 vaccine despite not being classed as vulnerable
- 10 SNP MP asks Priti Patel why she has not stood down following UK border comments
It is a reference to the 1990 by-election in Bootle in which the party's candidate was beaten by Scream Lord Sutch, and was subsequently dissolved.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.