Piers Morgan calls Boris Johnson a ‘gutless weasel’ for comments on free press
- Credit: Archant
Good Morning Britain's Piers Morgan has called Boris Johnson a 'gutless weasel' for comments he made about press freedom after he continues to dodge the television programme.
Morgan, who co-hosts the breakfast show on ITV, reminded Johnson the last time a government minister appeared on his show was 132 days ago.
The prime minister issued a tweet slamming Extinction Rebellion protesters for blocking newspaper distribution routes.
You may also want to watch:
Responding, Morgan responded: 'It's great. Here's what Boris tweeted - it really moved me - 'A free press is vital in holding the government and other powerful institutions to account on issues critical for the future of our country, including the fight against climate change.
- 1 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
- 2 US election result could spark 'end of Brexit', claims peer
- 3 'Assorted caviar' and 'board games' - Gifts confiscated from Boris Johnson due to anti-corruption laws
- 4 Minister self-isolates just a day after being spotted flouting mask rules
- 5 Tory minister's claim over free school meals funding gets quickly debunked
- 6 MANDRAKE: Chilling news for Telegraph bosses
- 7 Farage says he can dodge US travel ban because he's a 'journalist'
- 8 Poll puts Labour on highest level of support since 2014
- 9 Question Time: Tory minister told 'diverse' cabinet doesn't erase race issues in party
- 10 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
''It is completely unacceptable to seek to limit the public's access to news in this way.''
Piers added: 'I couldn't agree more, Boris! It's completely unacceptable to limit the public's access to news, particularly for news critical to the future of our country! Like Covid-19, for example. Also, a free press is vital! I agree with you! I so agree with you!'
'Is this the moment to remind you, we have a little day counter?,' Morgan went on to say.
'We're going to put this on the desk now - it's been 132 days since you - the same prime minister who really feels it's vital to count, particularly on issues critical for the future of this country.
'It's been 132 days since you launched a blockade of Good Morning Britain. You! The prime minister, Boris Johnson.'
He quipped that 'you couldn't make it up', adding: 'Gutless little weasels!'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.