MP accused of not taking Brexit seriously after forgetting to ‘add Bob’s comments here’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A Tory MP has been accused of not taking concerns about Brexit seriously after his letter response to a constituent still contained 'add Bob's comments here' at the bottom of the reply.
Robert Seely, the Tory MP for the Isle of Wight, is said to have made the gaffe in a response to Twitter user @DiamondHell who was expressing concerns about the lack of transparency over the Brexit Impact Papers.
To make matters worse, the original response is said to have gone missing in the post, meaning the MP had two opportunities to notice the glaring mistake in the letter.
You may also want to watch:
The error came to light after the user tweeted a photograph of the MP's letter with the caption: 'This is how seriously my MP takes the Brexit impact analysis.'
- 1 Sadiq Khan re-elected as London mayor as Laurence Fox loses £10k deposit
- 2 Could Mexican Coke spark a new Coca-Cola cold war?
- 3 Why can't the English see what the Scots and Welsh can?
- 4 A view from inside the Heathrow petri dish
- 5 Labour should never have swallowed the Brexit pill
- 6 The man the Soviet Union left in space
- 7 Election results demonstrate why rejoining EU is a long way off
- 8 Noel Clarke: The man who would not take no for an answer
- 9 Angela Rayner sacked as Labour Party chair following poor election results
- 10 Is the end finally nigh for EU's most notorious leader?
Brexit minister Steve Baker told the Commons: 'It will take the government some time to collate and bring together this information in a way that is accessible and informative to the committee.'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.