Letter: We’ve given up waiting for a reply from our MP
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
In summer 2016 my wife sent to our MP a detailed response about the conduct of the referendum, outlining all our now too-familiar concerns.
In summer 2016 my wife sent to our MP a detailed response about the conduct of the referendum, outlining all our now too-familiar concerns. She received an acknowledgement that her letter had been received. She treasures that postcard from the Houses of Parliament. It has now celebrated its second birthday.
We still await a reply from MP Carolyn Harris (shadow minister for women and equalities and deputy leader of the Labour Party in Wales). All of my wife's numerous other messages also remain unacknowledged.
Clearly the issues of a flawed referendum and economic ruin are a bit too tricky for a party functionary who, apparently, dislikes paperwork. So a pair of Swansea Remainers are thus ignored and unrepresented.
The issues raised were simple. Was the referendum conducted properly? And if it wasn't, why is it allowed to stand? Was it actually a referendum? Or was it a right-wing coup?
You may also want to watch:
We are unable to tell you what Ms Harris thinks about any of this.
She and her party have lost my vote, and I suspect that of my wife too. I was born in the People's Republic of South Yorkshire, but I can no longer support a Labour party which is so incompetent that they refuse to confront this remarkable gang of Tory liars and cheats.
- 1 Joe Biden’s ‘candid’ message to Boris Johnson on Northern Ireland Brexit row
- 2 Crisis in the unpicked fruit fields shows Brexit is rotten
- 3 Why don't Brexiteers like to talk about Brexit any more?
- 4 Why Australian trade deal could complicate future post-Brexit agreements
- 5 When Eton took on a team of miners at football
- 6 A furious Hoyle accuses government of misleading the House
- 7 Priti Patel says fans have right to boo England team for taking the knee
- 8 Brexit: British 'expats' in Spain facing deportation over residency
- 9 Tory MP ordered to publicly apologise for bullying parliament staff after struggling with IT
- 10 PM to reveal details of post-Brexit agreement with Australia
I will find another home for my vote. I regret it bitterly, but I will never vote for the Labour Party again.
• Let us know your thoughts. The New European publishes two pages of letters every week. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.