Nadine Dorries just slammed May’s Brexit plan for the strangest of reasons
- Credit: Archant
Arch-Brexiteer Nadine Dorries MP has slammed Theresa May's Brexit plan because it will mean that the UK will be left without influence in Europe.
The Conservative backbencher has said that a UK without MEPs, a commissioner, and no voice in Europe would be a 'very sad place to be'.
She told Sky News: 'What the public are absolutely furious about is that the EU have sent this agreement back where they expect us to be slaves to the European Union. You don't do that to the British people.'
She added: 'The future of the country and of our relationship with Europe is at stake. This deal gives us no voice, no votes, no MEPs, no commissioner.'
Her suggestion that Theresa May's plan would be bad because it means we no longer have a say at the EU has astounded Twitter users who believed this was exactly what the Brexiteers wanted.
You may also want to watch:
One tweeted: 'Nadine Dorries seems to imply that there's another Brexit where we get MEPs and Commissioners. It's so incredibly off the scale stupid.'
Food critic Jay Rayner tweeted: 'Nadine Dorries has just complained that May's deal gives Britain no MEPs. That's one of my complaints too cos, like I'm a die hard People's Vote Remainer. Whereas I'm pretty sure Dorries is a head banging Brexiteer.'
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 5 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 6 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 8 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 10 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
JK Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series of books, just tweeted the 'mind blown' emoji.
Nadine Dorries' comments is just one of many strange outbursts from the Brexiteers recently.
Andrew Bridgen suggested the chairman of the 1922 committee was hiding the number of letters of no confidence in Theresa May he had received.