New European podcast: Clive Lewis on why Labour election success means no Hard Brexit
MP Clive Lewis has told The New European podcast he believes a Hard Brexit will now be avoided due to Labour's strong general election performance.
He said the cliff-edge Brexit will now be stopped and the grassroots must 'organise' to halt Brexit altogether.
The former front bencher - who quit over Jeremy Corbyn's three-line whip on Article 50 - also spoke to the pod about Labour's Brexit policy, Corbyn and why Remainers should 'shut up' about a second referendum.
Plus the podcast contains all the usual news and analysis from Steve Anglesey and Geri Scott.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 2 Why Bristol is the street art city
- 3 What I learned by avoiding England and the Euros
- 4 Telling the truth is now the only sackable offence
- 5 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 6 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
- 7 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 8 A very nearly enchanted evening
- 9 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 10 Brexit stripped me of my Britishness
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.