New European podcast: Clive Lewis on why Labour election success means no Hard Brexit
MP Clive Lewis has told The New European podcast he believes a Hard Brexit will now be avoided due to Labour's strong general election performance.
He said the cliff-edge Brexit will now be stopped and the grassroots must 'organise' to halt Brexit altogether.
The former front bencher - who quit over Jeremy Corbyn's three-line whip on Article 50 - also spoke to the pod about Labour's Brexit policy, Corbyn and why Remainers should 'shut up' about a second referendum.
Plus the podcast contains all the usual news and analysis from Steve Anglesey and Geri Scott.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 3 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 4 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 5 Downing Street withholds praise for business and local authorities offering free meals to hungry children
- 6 The harsh truths learned from halt in Brexit talks
- 7 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 8 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 9 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 10 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.