New European podcast: Clive Lewis on why Labour election success means no Hard Brexit
MP Clive Lewis has told The New European podcast he believes a Hard Brexit will now be avoided due to Labour's strong general election performance.
He said the cliff-edge Brexit will now be stopped and the grassroots must 'organise' to halt Brexit altogether.
The former front bencher - who quit over Jeremy Corbyn's three-line whip on Article 50 - also spoke to the pod about Labour's Brexit policy, Corbyn and why Remainers should 'shut up' about a second referendum.
Plus the podcast contains all the usual news and analysis from Steve Anglesey and Geri Scott.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 2 Brexiteer musician accused of hypocrisy after demanding No 10 help bands with EU visa
- 3 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 4 PMQs: Ben Bradshaw calls out Boris Johnson over Brexit lies
- 5 ‘Don’t haste ye back’ - Nicola Sturgeon's perfect farewell message to Donald Trump
- 6 Piers Morgan calls on Priti Patel to resign over missing crime records fiasco
- 7 Tory MPs vote down Lords bid to protect NHS from post-Brexit trade deals
- 8 9 of the best tweets of Donald Trump leaving the White House
- 9 Boris Johnson narrowly avoids defeat over vote on trade deals with genocidal regimes
- 10 Trump caller hangs up on James O'Brien after failing to cite ex-president's 'truths'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.