New European podcast: Clive Lewis on why Labour election success means no Hard Brexit
MP Clive Lewis has told The New European podcast he believes a Hard Brexit will now be avoided due to Labour's strong general election performance.
He said the cliff-edge Brexit will now be stopped and the grassroots must 'organise' to halt Brexit altogether.
The former front bencher - who quit over Jeremy Corbyn's three-line whip on Article 50 - also spoke to the pod about Labour's Brexit policy, Corbyn and why Remainers should 'shut up' about a second referendum.
Plus the podcast contains all the usual news and analysis from Steve Anglesey and Geri Scott.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 A lesson from the last of Mainwaring's men
- 2 Scathing report accuses Boris Johnson of 'only caring for England'
- 3 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 4 No 10 rewrote race disparity report, expert claims
- 5 How the vaccines have shifted opinions over Brexit
- 6 Nick Clegg says EU 'let itself and millions of Europeans' down over Covid vaccine programme
- 7 No 10: ‘Significant differences’ between UK and EU remain over resolving Brexit deal
- 8 European Council president faces call to resign over 'Sofagate' incident
- 9 Exports to EU increase in February after record fall
- 10 Why the EU is no longer the elephant in the room in the Netherlands
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.