New poll finds majority support a People’s Vote
- Credit: Xinhua News Agency/PA Images
A new poll has found that 62% support a People's Vote - but a majority of Leavers want politicians to decide Britain's future.
The survey was conducted by FTI Consulting that asked UK voters about a range of possible scenarios and repercussions.
While 62% of the population support a 'final say' referendum, 58% of Leavers would prefer politicians to decide Britain's Brexit future than the people.
An overwhelming majority of 84% said they would vote if a People's Vote was held - with 53% of those intending to vote supporting Remain.
However voters are also skeptical that a People's Vote would be held before Brexit day on March 29, 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Just 25% believed a People's Vote would happen before then. Exactly half of the country believed Theresa May would be replaced as leader of the Conservatives, and 30% thought that a general election would be called.
Voters are split on how significantly Brexit would impact how they would vote in a future election - 31% said it would 'completely' impact how they vote, 38% said it would 'partly' impact their choice, and 32% said not at all.
- 1 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 2 Jacob Rees-Mogg claims fish captured after Brexit deal came into effect were 'British and happier for it'
- 3 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 4 James O'Brien schools Brexiteer who refuses to accept new EU-UK trade rules
- 5 Katie Hopkins joins UKIP in time for leadership contest
- 6 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 7 What Remainers should have done differently
- 8 Scottish fishing boats ditch UK waters for Denmark to escape Brexit red tape
- 9 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 10 Spokesman indicates Boris Johnson has not read Brexit trade deal text
Asked about how they would vote if there was an election 31% would back Labour, 28% would back the Conservatives and 9% would support the Lib Dems.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.