Nicola Sturgeon’s 50th birthday card mocks Boris Johnson
- Credit: PA
A picture of the birthday cards sent to Scotland's first minister captured social media's attention after one appeared to mock Boris Johnson.
Nicola Sturgeon celebrated her 50th birthday over the weekend with one card getting plenty of attention on Twitter after her husband SNP chief executive Peter Murrell posted a snapshot on the website.
Sitting on her window sill, one card includes the caption: 'I've hired a first class clown for your birthday'.
It includes a cartoon character resembling the prime minister when he got stuck on a zip-wire waving union flags.
Twitter users zoomed in on the photograph showing the card in pride of place.
You may also want to watch:
'Living for Nicola Sturgeon giving that Boris Johnson b-day card absolutely pride of place!!' tweeted Claire Chambers.
''I've hired a first class clown for your birthday' alongside a caricature of Boris Johnson is the perfect birthday card for Nicola Sturgeon,' posted Joe Jackson.
- 1 Politics is moving back to a battlefield which does not suit Boris Johnson
- 2 Government scraps Pick for Britain programme after Brits fill as few as 5% of roles
- 3 Boris Johnson still has questions to answer about Caribbean holiday
- 4 Salmon industry insist officials miscalculated post-Brexit export figures
- 5 French skippers blockade lorries carrying UK-landed fish in protest against post-Brexit fishing rules
- 6 Ex-minister says Boris Johnson's government is a 'cesspit' where 'almost nobody' tells the truth
- 7 Government to dissolve parliament ahead of Queen’s Speech
- 8 Poll: Laurence Fox in joint last place with Count Binface in race for London mayor
- 9 Brexit regret: Meet the Leave voters who wish they hadn't voted Leave
- 10 MEPs warn Brexit deal could be cancelled if No 10 continues to ignore terms
'Is that First Class Clown card Boris? Oh that's indeed *first class*,' wrote another.
Tory supporters, however, were less than impressed.
'Now had this been a photo posted by Carrie Symonds on Boris Johnson's birthday, there would have been outrage from the nats,' said Meghan Gallagher.
'Proof if it were needed that Sturgeon has no respect for the prime minister,' tweeted another.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.