Nicola Sturgeon’s 50th birthday card mocks Boris Johnson
- Credit: PA
A picture of the birthday cards sent to Scotland's first minister captured social media's attention after one appeared to mock Boris Johnson.
Nicola Sturgeon celebrated her 50th birthday over the weekend with one card getting plenty of attention on Twitter after her husband SNP chief executive Peter Murrell posted a snapshot on the website.
Sitting on her window sill, one card includes the caption: 'I've hired a first class clown for your birthday'.
It includes a cartoon character resembling the prime minister when he got stuck on a zip-wire waving union flags.
Twitter users zoomed in on the photograph showing the card in pride of place.
You may also want to watch:
'Living for Nicola Sturgeon giving that Boris Johnson b-day card absolutely pride of place!!' tweeted Claire Chambers.
''I've hired a first class clown for your birthday' alongside a caricature of Boris Johnson is the perfect birthday card for Nicola Sturgeon,' posted Joe Jackson.
- 1 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 2 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 3 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 4 ERG MP says Boris Johnson should consider cutting ties with Church of England following Brexit row
- 5 Diane Abbott accuses Keir Starmer of having 'other motives' while shadow Brexit secretary
- 6 Leaked memo exposes government fears over rise in support for Scottish independence
- 7 Labour MP calls Dan Wootton a 'complete and utter nutcase' following Covid-19 herd immunity comment
- 8 Labour MP lashes out at Boris Johnson over £150k wage complaint during fiery debate on Manchester lockdown
- 9 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 10 Dominic Cummings dodges £50k in unpaid taxes after decision to 'write off' charges
'Is that First Class Clown card Boris? Oh that's indeed *first class*,' wrote another.
Tory supporters, however, were less than impressed.
'Now had this been a photo posted by Carrie Symonds on Boris Johnson's birthday, there would have been outrage from the nats,' said Meghan Gallagher.
'Proof if it were needed that Sturgeon has no respect for the prime minister,' tweeted another.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.