Nicola Sturgeon’s 50th birthday card mocks Boris Johnson
- Credit: PA
A picture of the birthday cards sent to Scotland's first minister captured social media's attention after one appeared to mock Boris Johnson.
Nicola Sturgeon celebrated her 50th birthday over the weekend with one card getting plenty of attention on Twitter after her husband SNP chief executive Peter Murrell posted a snapshot on the website.
Sitting on her window sill, one card includes the caption: 'I've hired a first class clown for your birthday'.
It includes a cartoon character resembling the prime minister when he got stuck on a zip-wire waving union flags.
Twitter users zoomed in on the photograph showing the card in pride of place.
You may also want to watch:
'Living for Nicola Sturgeon giving that Boris Johnson b-day card absolutely pride of place!!' tweeted Claire Chambers.
''I've hired a first class clown for your birthday' alongside a caricature of Boris Johnson is the perfect birthday card for Nicola Sturgeon,' posted Joe Jackson.
- 1 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 2 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 3 Nigel Farage launches new party in Scotland to promote 'positive case for the Union'
- 4 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 5 The worryingly familiar signs for Britain's vaccine roll-out
- 6 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 7 Brexit changes lead to exodus of Brits from Spain, UK nationals claim
- 8 Brexiteer says he'd never have voted for Brexit 'if we knew we'd lose our jobs'
- 9 Fears government could scrap workers' rights in post-Brexit overhaul of labour laws
- 10 Katie Hopkins joins UKIP in time for leadership contest
'Is that First Class Clown card Boris? Oh that's indeed *first class*,' wrote another.
Tory supporters, however, were less than impressed.
'Now had this been a photo posted by Carrie Symonds on Boris Johnson's birthday, there would have been outrage from the nats,' said Meghan Gallagher.
'Proof if it were needed that Sturgeon has no respect for the prime minister,' tweeted another.